website statistics

Bobsleigh at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

21 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

apparently the IOC is to demand a more equal playing field for 2026. 

That would certainly make it much more possible for countries with less resources than Germany to be more competitive. I know equipment is important in every winter sports, but I feel like in sliding sports it is close to reaching the point of absurdity.

2 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

apparently the IOC is to demand a more equal playing field for 2026. 

I am all for it, but only if they do the same in all other sports where the material is decisive (track cycling, cross-country skiing, biathlon, ski jumping, speed skating and so on).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Are the Germans trying to tie for gold on purpose? :d

More likely Friedrich is just trolling the competition. Purposely starting faster with each new heat. He must be bored out of his skin.

Hoping Kibermanis takes the bronze, but it's likely Hafer again.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Are the Germans trying to tie for gold on purpose? :d

More likely Friedrich is just trolling the competition. Purposely starting faster with each new heat. He must be bored out of his skin.

Hoping Kibermanis takes the bronze, but it's likely Hafer again.

I asked myself that question yesterday (kind of*). I think even if it would be possible to do on purpose, noone in gold medal position would risk "only" winning silver by messing up.

* I asked myself if theoretically it would still be possible for Germany to win the medal table by winning multiple golds in the same event and then i asked myself in which sports/events it would be the easiest to tie for gold on purpose.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.