website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2021

Totallympics

Gold for Bartolini, Italy is almost literally winning in every single sport this year aren't they :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh no, Geurts :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

i really hate those 4th place finishes :( , i guess Nancy deserved more than this 14.333 in 2nd vault and maybe the Italian was over scored in her 1st vault ! 

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Taman 4th... :(

And Melnikova with another lucky medal, though not exactly undeserved despite a horrible second vault. But she was deducted accordingly, at least. 

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

i really hate those 4th place finishes :( , i guess Nancy deserved more than this 14.333 in 2nd vault and maybe the Italian was over scored in her 1st vault ! 

The biggest deductions on vault come from landing and height of the vault. How high one person reaches in the air counts a lot. Taman's second vault was a little bit low, so she was deducted because of it. I even thought she received a higher score than I had imagined, to be honest. The main problem, however, is that she had a hefty deduction on landing in her first vault. It was a quite difficult vault, though, so she deserves a big round of applause for even attempting it.

Believe me: I would have been a lot happier if Taman got a medal instead of Melnikova, but I'm afraid that the results are fair.