website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

Another memorable race...

43. Šíma +5:21 (2)

80. Sklenárik +9:20 (5)

84. Baloga +9:59 (4)  but super Air time almost a full minute :p

88. Bartko  +11:00 (7)

and so far no news about murdered squirels or other animals behind the shooting range yet, so yeah success

Tbh, I don't care if Strolia gets 20/20 with the way that he's looking on his skis. Lap 3,4 and 5 was horrendous. 

I don't think that we're going to get many good results here, because it feels that this course is very unfavourable for our team.

2 hours ago, George_D said:

CHENG Fangming :CHN deserves the gold medal, all the 25 athletes above him must be disqualified for disobeying the rules

Another question, why does every single country have to play by the qualification rules, whilst China get exemptions in both World Cup and IBU cup quotas just for being China, and even after not qualifying and getting two quotas for free, they still send four men and don't give a fuck about the athletes that worked their ass off, but were not strong enough to get into the top 10 athletes for a quota.

:BLR since it's independence in 1994 won a medal in speed skating at 1994 edition. 

Then onwards they have won in only 2 disciplines - Aerials and Biathlon 

They are not having the right waxes this time around I guess. So individual and maybe an outside chance in mass start for medal else no medal these games. Alimbekava missed it yesterday luckily Smolski has done it today. If the Olympics would be in Austria and biathlon in Hochfilzen Smolski would have won gold by around 1-1:30 mins advantage coz they train there ample opportunity to research on the best waxes. 

On 2/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, RobtheAggie said:

Sorry for being late to the game on this.  But, the commentary on the Olympic Channel is pretty weak.  I do not think they have the background in the sport.  The races have been good. 

The annoying this is they will become the permanent record on the Olympic Channel.