website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Anyone know why people seem to have dropped out of the latest ranking list even though their previous weight would have been enough for them to be included? For example :KAZ Lyubov Kovalchuk lister 274Kg at the Asian Championship but no longer appears on the Olympic qualification list for the +81Kg class. 

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Anyone know why people seem to have dropped out of the latest ranking list even though their previous weight would have been enough for them to be included? For example :KAZ Lyubov Kovalchuk lister 274Kg at the Asian Championship but no longer appears on the Olympic qualification list for the +81Kg class. 

I am not sure, I think it is because of the mandatory rule to compete in this Worlds, to be eligible to participate in the Olympics. The same happened with a female brazilian athlete on the lightest weight

6 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

my take on that if someone has not participated in a manadatory event (like WCH 2023) he/she is out of the ranking list immediately regardless of the previous results. 

2 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

What you think? Which categories China choose for Paris in W and M competitions?

are there any other NOCs who have serious contenders in more than 3 categories per gender?

A) men: 61, 89, 102; women: 49, +81 and one between 71 or 81

B) given that :PRK are already out, I'd say no, almost every Nation has 3 or less weight classes in which they are good enough to qualify, maybe the :USA among the women, but I doubt they will have more than 3 in the end

2 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

What you think? Which categories China choose for Paris in W and M competitions?

are there any other NOCs who have serious contenders in more than 3 categories per gender?

We currently have 3 Men, but the outside chance of getting a 4th one is slim. Fisherov was supposed to be that guy at 102, but after missing the Worlds he is out. There is another guy Marinov in the same category, but he needs to improve. Plus the 61 one isn't certain yet.

9 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Thank you @phelps

this will be very helpful for my Paris predictions.

weightlifting is one of these sports I know nothing about 

This is my Weightlifting prediction, I don't think it fits within the day by day thread and don't want to disturb the good work done overthere, therefore decided to put them here:

Weightlifting:

M-61kg

1. Fabin Li :CHN 
  2. Theerapong Silachai :THA 
  3. Eko Yuli Irawan :INA 

M-73 kg

1. Shi Zhiyong :CHN (Unless china skipped   this weight category)
  2. Rahmat Abdullah :INA 
  3. Weeraphon Wichuma :THA 
  4. Bozhidar Andreev :BUL 

M-89 kg

1. Karlos Nasar :BUL 
  2. Dayin Li /Tao Tian :CHN (Unless china skipped   this weight category)
  3. Brayan Rodallegas :COL 
  4. Mir Mostafa Javadi :IRI 

M-102 kg

1. Huanhua Liu :CHN 
  2. Fares Elbakh :QAT 
  3. Lesman Paredes :BRN 

M+102 kg

1. Lasha Talakhadze :GEO 
  2. Varazdat Lalayan :ARM 
  3. Gor Minasyan :BRN 

In women category I’ll put a Chinese athlete in each category as the selection would be too tight

W-49 kg

1. Huihua Jiang :CHN 
  2. Jordan Delacruz :USA 
  3. Mihaela Cambei :ROU 
  4. Thanyathon / Surodchana :THA (whoever selected) 

W-59 kg

1. Shifang Luo :CHN 
  2. Kamila Konotop :UKR 
  3. Yenny Alvarez :COL 
  4. Maude Charron :CAN 

W-71 kg

1. Guifang Liao :CHN 
  2. Angie Palacios :ECU 
  3. Loredana Toma :ROU 
  4. Olivia Reeves :USA 

W-81 kg

1. Xiaomei Liang :CHN 
  2. Sara Samir :EGY 
  3. Tamara Salazar :ECU 
  4. Solfrid Koanda :NOR (if played in this category) 

W+81 kg

1. Wenwen Li :CHN 
  2. Heyjeong Park :KOR 
  3. Emily Campbell :GBR 
  4. Duuangaksorn Chaidee :THA 

• 1 month later...