website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Adriano said:

Poland get two quotas in 100 m freestyle - women's and men's.

Majerski and Fiedkiewicz has OQT in other events, but no OQT and OCT in 100m freestyle.

How it is possible?

Wait, Majerski got selected over 3 other guys with an OCT? :yikes: Thats weird. Maybe because he has an OQT in another event.

Either it's an error by the Polish federation or World Aquatics decided to make the B-standards easier would be my guess.

1 hour ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Wait, Majerski got selected over 3 other guys with an OCT? :yikes: Thats weird. Maybe because he has an OQT in another event.

Either it's an error by the Polish federation or World Aquatics decided to make the B-standards easier would be my guess.

Yes. This is news from WA. Do not understand. Places are confirmed by Polish Olympic Comittee

4 hours ago, Adriano said:

Poland get two quotas in 100 m freestyle - women's and men's.

Majerski and Fiedkiewicz has OQT in other events, but no OQT and OCT in 100m freestyle.

How it is possible?

In the Men's 100m Free, :POL would get in via Chowaniec with OCT and not Majerski. However, when it comes to Fiedkiewicz, she the highest ranked :POL in the Women's 100m but she doesn't have the OQT or OCT. I read over the qualification rules and, from how I interpret, she must've gotten in with a rejected Women's 100m Free, rejected OCT or unused universality quota through being one of the highest ranked athletes not individually qualified and without any OQT and OCT times. 

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

In the Men's 100m Free, :POL would get in via Chowaniec with OCT and not Majerski. However, when it comes to Fiedkiewicz, she the highest ranked :POL in the Women's 100m but she doesn't have the OQT or OCT. I read over the qualification rules and, from how I interpret, she must've gotten in with a rejected Women's 100m Free or unused universality quota through being one of the highest ranked athletes not individually qualified and without any OQT and OCT times. 

I was reading today document many times. It was a letter from WA, Poland confirmed places. I do not know why ..... Chowaniec has OCT not Majerski. Is it possible that athlete woth OQT could ask for additional second start? ( look point 10 in olympic system). Both swimmers do not have OCT in that events.

Edited by Adriano

10. Once an athlete has been formally invited as an OCT athlete into the field for Paris 2024, he/she may enter a second individual event in which the athlete has his/her highest World Aquatics Point score, provided that there is no other athlete from that NOC in that second event. 

I guess the same applies to the OQT athletes.

This also is in line with what SwimSwam was reporting in May.

World Aquatics also clarified that swimmers with “A” standards (OQT) may also race other events in which they have a “B” standard (OCT), even if the “B” standard swim doesn’t get an invite; and that swimmers with one invited “B” standard swim (OCT) can swim up to one additional event in which they have a “B” standard (OCT), even if that second event isn’t invited.

World Aquatics is also saying that swimmers who have one “A” cut or one “B” cut can swim one additional event, their next-best event by FINA points, regardless of whether that second event hits a standard, so long as they are the only swimmer from their country in that event.

2 minutes ago, Kerkun said:

I guess the same applies to the OQT athletes.

This also is in line with what SwimSwam was reporting in May.

Okey now make sense, but it is not so clear in official document.

Edited by Adriano