website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 hours ago, Pasolini said:

I have a question that maybe dumb but not sure if it is throughly explained on the PDF:

How does reallocation happen AFTER july 7? does it go the same way? 

And I wonder if WA will release all Universality places by next week as well

Effectively, yes. They remove all those who refuse a quote (for whatever reason) and then work their way down the rankings. Those below the line have to indicate if they’re willing/able to accept it so there isn’t a third round of allocations.

10 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Thanks for the heads up. Does anybody know how about :SWE Thobias Montler? I know that he did not participate in ECH this year but he won the national championship with 765cm on June 28th. Will he be going to Paris? 

Well, I bring you good news.

:CUB Lester Lescay is waiting for :ESP nationality that wont arrive in time so he will not be going to Paris. So I think your guy is in....

36 minutes ago, Jur said:

Well, I bring you good news.

:CUB Lester Lescay is waiting for :ESP nationality that wont arrive in time so he will not be going to Paris. So I think your guy is in....

Wow, that would be cool, thanks. But won't Lescay rather represent Cuba now and switch the citizenship after the games? Or Cuba Olympic committee would not nominate him? 

7 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Wow, that would be cool, thanks. But won't Lescay rather represent Cuba now and switch the citizenship after the games? Or Cuba Olympic committee would not nominate him? 

Lescay is exiliated from Cuba, wont be happening. He already has the date for starting representing Spain, in 2025. Going to the olympics with Cuba would mean that he has to wait until 2027 at least. Is not going to happend.

13 minutes ago, Jur said:

Lescay is exiliated from Cuba, wont be happening. He already has the date for starting representing Spain, in 2025. Going to the olympics with Cuba would mean that he has to wait until 2027 at least. Is not going to happend.

True, forgot about the waiting time when you switch nationality. Well, let's see how it goes, whether his passport arrives on time or not. I know that this time is really tight.

Will all change but for now here’s some stats on qualifying standards and world rankings. This is based on just the track and field events (no marathon or walks) and just individual events and desnt include universal or invite places

Overall - 1,414 qualified - 842 (60%) standard - 572 (40%) 

Men - 62% standard - 38% rankings

Women - 57% standard - 43% rankings

Smallest % of men achieving OQS

High Jump - 28%
hammer - 31%
Javelin - 34%

Largest % of men achieving OQS

400m hurdles - 93%
800m - 89%
5km - 86%
400m - 85%

Smallest % of women achieving OQS

Javelin - 25%
triple jump - 31%
heptathlon - 38%

highest % of women achieving OQS

100m hurdles - 83%

400m hurdles - 80%
800m - 80%

EDIT - this is based on the road to Paris site. Obviously only includes 3 per nation 

Edited by dodge