website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I never really seen intoronto mad, so it was quite the sight (though it was 9 years ago). I don’t know the user you’re talking about. I‘m not a fan of GameBids either and I only just started checking it a little more. Here’s the thread I was talking about: https://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/20652-official-reports/#comments

Find it by yourself if you want to know, I believe you are smart enough to connect the dots :d  I am not going there anymore except for 'Ceremonies on UTube' thread

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
50 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve found another results collector through an old GameBids thread (which funny enough features @intoronto going ballistic on some dude). He seems to have many of the results I’m missing. I’ve reached out to him, so let’s hope I can make a new friend! :d

I bet he's the random author who often comments on ITG. He's the reason I leave that place lol

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted
38 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Guards bring in it, Guards take home. It’s a huge issue actually.

Isn't it easier to manage the spread from guards than the prisoners? It is understandable to release some inmates if there is an outbreak in the prison itself, though.

But perhaps the government can think with smarter ways, such as giving them house arrest.. They claimed they released the not dangerous ones including those who are jailed from small crimes, elder inmates, woman and youth inmates.

But some of them turning back to crime, like one of the released "youth inmates" robbed again some worker. Or one in Manado who attempted break into 2 houses in a day not long after he was released. Who's actually benefiting from this? :wacko:

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted
12 minutes ago, konig said:

And here starts to release from jail many criminals........what is the situation in your countrys?

We have done it, to ease the overcapacity prisons. Unsurprisingly theft cases rise...

I am lost of words on that, I mean those people in prisons are just like in semi-isolation from outside world and now you release them like Olympic doves.

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Hello religion (there are people who are exceptions of course, but these people apparently are definitely not).

That's why everyone must be united with the one true faith of Indomie

EVwHZjBUYAAfYHW?format=jpg&name=900x900

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Americans are weak willed, uneducated, strongly opinionated, and have a tendency to go against science. This literally doesn’t shock me one bit. We honestly have more in common with Brazil or Indonesia than the UK or Germany at this point.

Nah people in UK also dumb, they burn 5G towers to prevent COVID-19 :lol:

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What do you guys is the fair price for a participation medal from a major multi-sports games (not Olympics or YOG)? I have my eyes on one, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. It seems like a really cool piece of history to own, so I’m just curious what y’all think. 

Come to think about it, I think I've never seen one for Asian Games 2018. I remembered they have a participation medal at the test event, though.

There's also a somewhat rare souvenir coin presented to VIP guests, which price is about $30 - $40 in online marketplace.

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Of course, but it’s a cool piece of history to own too. The majority of them I see for sale (generally 1-5 a year) come from Eastern European athletes who need the money, or from people who bought them from athletes and realized their weren’t “real” medals (as in gold, silver, bronze). 

Damn, people are so dumb.

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted
18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thing is, people also get dozens or even hundreds of strokes for all kinds of nonsense. Apart from society hopefully moving away from semi-torture like flogging, which is rather stronger than a little smack.

Well yeah not kind of flogging for being homosexual, gambling, blasphemy, caught together with opposite sex whom you're not married to, or other "questionable" offenses. And with reasonable number of strokes, too.

Posted
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Saudi Arabia has stopped with having flogging/caning as punishment, that's something. They of course still use the Sharia and it's Medieval punishments and rules (stoning, cutting off limbs etc), but it's at least a tiny step towards something more humane.

I completely disagree with cutting off limbs or stoning but I still support flogging/caning as a punishment.

Rather than jailing for instance, vandals, a few strokes should teach a good lesson.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, there are rumors Kim Jong-Un has died. Someone has inside intel from North Korea. :d

You're late to the party :evil:

But no, he's not dead until Ri Chun Hee announced it or Rodong Sinmun put it on the headline.

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, dcro said:

So somehow I stumbled onto this again... It really is a masterpiece. :yikes:

Ugh, I'm still furious the Polish entry did not qualify and we have this instead

[OFF TOPIC] Βooks Thread
Posted
18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am now happy I didn't go to school there, that sounds even worse than maths and more senseless than the 'art classes' we had :yikes: 

I think I should be thankful that I "only" have to read the compulsory book and write a summary with some personal opinions every 2-3 chapters :d 

[OFF TOPIC] Βooks Thread
Posted
On 17/04/2020 at 00:35, dcro said:

Random question. Has anyone here read The Great Gatsby? :p

Heard about it. Know the movie but never watched.

If it wasn't for the girls at my high school going crazy and keep pushing it for the prom theme, I wouldn't know about it :lol:

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
4 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Kim can't be happy more if he knows Hyun Bin play as him. I'm sure all Koreans like him. He should send money not missile.

As one defector remarked, everything is accurate except Hyun Bin's face

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
19 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I don't really buy it. I just read the full CNN article, no sustainable source at all, mostly by imagination and typical fake news. The only seemingly reliable source in it is from South Korean media Daily NK, he conducted surgery in 12th April and back to Pyongyang in 19th April, but not mentioning grave danger.

Ah I see you are a man of culture as well :d

DailyNK is always the main source..

https://www.dailynk.com/english/sources-kim-jong-un-recently-received-heart-surgery/

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Same quiz was on TV again, some of the 50 questions for those interested :p 

1) What is the right way to spell the name of this drink?
A. Tequila
B. Tequilla
C. Tequilia

2) What is the name of a supernatural, invisible being, which according to some Islamic scholars can take possession of people?
A. Djinn
B. Fakir
C. Mufti

3) Sort these three continents in order, starting with the smallest and ending with the biggest:
Asia
Europe
Africa

4) What does a diamond consist of?
A. Quartz
B. Carbon
C. Sand

5) Which animal has at least 10 legs?
A. Lobster
B. Ant
C. Spider

How nice it is to still have quiz like this on TV

We barely have any quiz on TV nowadays and when they do the answers are frickin' obvious and people still choose the wrong answer :lol: Watching such quiz made people go dumber instead. I am glad the public TV channel revived their old quiz programs but sadly it is short-lived.

Posted
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

in Iran you actually can give up nationality legally but that's a lengthy process and has to be signed by president himself !  I mean for each case, :yikes: and since usually the president is busy running/ruining the country, he has no time for that. in short that's almost an impossible process. while that's legally available I assume nobody tries that.

In Indonesia asking for a signed letter from president is also a way to renounce citizenship. But yeah no one really bothers to do that..

Talking about citizenship, we had a small controversy where the president appointed the new Minister of Energy 3 years ago. He ended up working for 20 days because it was revealed that he had an American passport (we dont allow dual citizenship).

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yay, My favorite logo one Bermuda’s design competition. This is their new NOC logo:

5F9EBCC5-0621-4C5B-808F-14754BEEDA4C.jpeg

Lol I've already forgot what I voted..

I think this is not my winner since the font is a bit lame

Posted
39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Some people are pathetic..

Yeah, critical thinking is close to extinction here :lol:

And I think this problem has its roots from only having 2 candidates for last 2 elections. The politic is now about supporting the incumbent or not, kinda like the 2 party system farce

Posted
7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm not at all a fan of my sister voting for one of the main Christian parties, but obviously that won't affect our relationship, that'd be silly.

For the last 5 years in Indonesia, a lot of strained family relationships happened because of difference in election votes :evil:

Children ostracized by their families because they think that their candidate victory is more important than their own children.

One family even had a machete battle because one member of the family suspected that the other relatives did not vote for his prefered candidate.

More extreme example? A bunch of dead family members had to be reburied away from a family graveyard because their closest relatives did not support the family member who is also the landowner (which is running for the parliament).

Yaaay democracy