website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool, now let's see if this will actually happen and won't be something like Asiavision which has been announced for years and never actually happened :p 

It won't happen though, Asia is too big to unite :p

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m assuming the state legislature said that had to be on flag. No motto should ever be on a flag, especially one that reads “In God We Trust” when religious freedom is guaranteed in said country.

The best troll flags were the one written in all Arabic, and the once that included the hammer & sickle :lol:

And the Chinese flag defaced with 'by god we trust in communism' too :lol: 

Just use Norway's flag defaced with the seal... Confederate looking and Christian enough :p 

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s the submissions for Mississippi’s new state flag. There’s some really nice ones, and some “interesting” ones.

In Ugly Flag We Trust :bye:

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Does anyone know the names of the Olympic Channel/OBS commentators? There’s one in particular I’m interested in. He does a lot of the multi sports games commentary.

I'd also like to know the names, especially 'that guy'

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

well I just went to the next block buying something wearing a mask, that's the longest distance I can go these days. does it count ? :d

How far is that?

I am intending to boast my 5 km trip for a hair cut :p

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
On 10/07/2020 at 20:02, heywoodu said:

I'm still against the death penalty even in this case, since I'd rather see someone like that rot in a Southeast Asian cell, but let's just say I won't be crying for his life :p 

Aaand he commited suicide

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Read through the Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony thread on Games Bids. I officially hate Game Bids now :p

Every other comment was just negative for the sake of being negative. Plus, the constant Zika jokes and complaints about the budget and whatnot. I couldn’t even finish it I was so annoyed.

I read through the Totallympics thread the other day, and I can happily say that y’all are much better than those users over at Game Bids.

And they used to degrade this forum too :lol:

But as I said before, the Youtube findings thread is still useful

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Anyone else got a couple of these PMs? Oh boy, I feel like I'm about to get rich guys!

Too bad the 'sister nurse' who 'helped type this message' apparently had typing typhoid, because it ain't looking so good.

Hmm I thought the year is already 2020...

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

To the Serbian users, is there a news about a woman who is handed to Indonesian authorities?

Maria Pauline Lumowa stolen US$ 278 million in 2003 from the bank where she worked and evading capture until now... Apparently Serbian authorities had arrested her a year ago but there is no extradition agreement between two countries which delays the process.

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted
12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Bolsonaro having tested positive is slightly hilarious, although I know that's not a good thing to say. Sorry karma gods and thank you karma gods. 

Want to laugh but afraid karma

On 27/06/2020 at 06:39, rybak said:

I just finished watching this, I can say something like this about that...

the savagery | Tumblr

Ok, maybe 1 or max 2 points for their song (perfomed in Grand Final) which was good.

Lol yeah I can ignore the inaccuracies that might be on purpose but holy crap the scoreboard scene is horrible...

I mean, there were two Netherlands in there...

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

That's how they call the Czech Republic :p

They are a bit unluckier.. People in Indonesia treat Czech Republic like Benedict Cumberbatch's surname, here are the variations:

Republik Ceko (official name in Indonesian)

Republik Ceska (from the Czech official name)

Republik Czech (when people are clueless with English)

Republik Cek ("Check" Republic - forced Indonesiazation (?) of the word "Czech)

Republik Cheko (add h because it is cool)

Republik Cekoslovakia (Cold War Nostalgia Syndrome/CWNS)

Republik Cekoslovenia (CWNS dumb version)

Republik Chechnya (uhh excuse me :facepalm:)

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

Talking about Slovakia, we officially call the country as "Slowakia" in Indonesian. However, many are more familiar with "Slovakia". International Relations students will usually more aware with this.

On the other hand, spotting 'Slovakia' hiding in articles about 'Slowakia' on government web pages is a fun game :p

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Indonesia suppressing West Papua again, North Korea blowing their diplomatic office with the South, China and India fighting over a territory where the people don’t want to live in either of their countries, a shooting in a Texas mall, British tourists spreading disease on a Pacific island; I’m glad to see the world is finally returning to normal.

Not just Papua, now everyone criticizing the government in COVID-19 response is secretly handled. Just a few days ago a stand-up comedian also got caught in this problem

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

I think NK is just an attention whore in this issue, the building is NK its own's. They can simply change it to other function or just shut it. But they chose to explode the building as a symbolized signal but they literally made it. The attention whore got the attention of the whole world. Also the so-called reason for escalation is the anti-Kim publication balloons from the south. Come on, this old-fashioned thing at least last for 50 years continuously. The whole drama is NK's own one-man show but successfully got won the free commercial of the world. The whole drama could just conclude into one sentence " Look at me, Kim Yo-jong, the sister of Kim Jong Un is on the stage now"

And also they include bibles in it, +1000 rage points for that..