website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted
3 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

With America suffering its worst weather crisis for decades, Joe Biden takes the day off and lets a Black woman do his work for him.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/18/biden-skips-michigan-trip-over-snow-calls-early-lid/

Since you love the Post.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread
Posted

Texas is going to be facing a major humanitarian disaster if this freeze doesn’t break soon.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted

Even the Panathenaic Stadium is feeling in a Winter Olympic mood. It’s even more beautiful :wub:

Posted
30 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, I got surprised at seeing the Louisiana's finest, Sydney Conley Elliott, posting snow content. :p

Posted

@NearPup You seem to have brought the Canadian weather down with you :p

It snowed throughout Texas yesterday. Temperatures are insanely low for the part of the US. Snow was also forecast for parts of Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, etc. 

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

Saw this making the rounds on Twitter. Essentially you can listen to radio stations by navigating using Google Earth. It’s pretty cool. Link: http://radio.garden

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2021
Posted
1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

I am not a big fan of the tick tock song 

but to be fair it was by far the best performance tonight (together with Toma). The other favorites were so disappointing. I mean Nina Kraljic so boring ethno, awful staging. 

this one could have a small chance for the final, it will depend on staging. The other songs selected so far not impressive neither. Croatia just follows the trend of average so far. 

Nina Kraljic has a fantastic voice. I really love the cover of “Zajdi, Zajdi” she did. I would agree that her performance just seemed to lack energy, or just fell flat in some ways. It wasn’t a bad song in my opinion though. 

I actually don’t dislike Tick-Tock, but it sort falls under that standard Eurovision Europop song category. It has a fun beat, and like that she included some Croatian.

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted

57 Senators vote to impeach Trump, which is short of the 2/3 majority needed to impeach a President. That means Trump is acquitted of the crimes he was accused of in the articles of impeachment. 7 Republicans joined the 50 Democrats in voting to impeach. From what I understand, that is the most bipartisan vote to impeach a US President in history.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
13 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Does anyone like a game tomorrow?

If no one new asks to go, I’d like to take a second try at it, if allowed.

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread
Posted

Oscars Shortlists: https://www.oscars.org/news/93rd-oscarsr-shortlists-nine-award-categories-announced

Some of my favorites have made the cut (Boys State in Documentary, Kapaemahu and If Anything Happens I Love You in Animated Short Film). The only film I’m disappointed didn’t make the cut is “Loop” in short animated film.

Posted

Yeah, I saw that the Netherlands was forecast to get quite a bit of snow over the next few days. Hopefully @heywoodu will be able to snag a couple nice snowy photos for us.