website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted
16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

so I think this is just a sign the turbulent and hard-fought election season that is upon us.

I don't even want to think what will happen if either Biden or Trump win... gonna be insane

[OFF TOPIC] Language Thread
Posted
On 11/03/2020 at 14:27, Olympian1010 said:

@bmo @dezbee2008 @Rdbc @Quaker2001 I’d like to have a fun little exercise in language. If you guys could answer the questions below that’d be great. Answer the questions using the terms you’d use where you grew up, or that you used as kid, or that you use now. 

What do you call the road next to the highway?

What do you call the road where there is a set speed limit, but no traffic lights (at least a for a great distance)?

What do you call a large cat indigenous to the America’s?

What do you call the place where streets meet in a circle (where cars go around that circle)?

What do you call a fizzy sweet drink?

Do you use any gender neutral pronouns besides they?

What’s one thing unique (either word, phrase, pronunciation) about how people speak where you live?

What do you call the road next to the highway?  Side road? Don't think in Washington State we really had these

What do you call the road where there is a set speed limit, but no traffic lights (at least a for a great distance)? Freeway

What do you call a large cat indigenous to the America’s? Bobcat

What do you call the place where streets meet in a circle (where cars go around that circle)? Roundabout

What do you call a fizzy sweet drink? pop

Do you use any gender neutral pronouns besides they? no

What’s one thing unique (either word, phrase, pronunciation) about how people speak where you live? Hmmm... I think maybe we say "Bro" a lot more than the rest of the United States. Otherwise we pretty much don't have unique sayings. 

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
20 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m hoping the likes of @mrv86 @Rdbc or anyone else can help me out here. If you don’t have them, but may know someone who does, or could give me access to them, I’d be all ears to that as well. 

Unfortunately don't have them :(

Posted
9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Rdbc you would probably relate to this as well I imagine

Wow very interesting read, I guess after reading this I grew up pretty lucky having a good group of guy friends who didn't care I was gay and living in a place where "toxic masculinity" was to that extent. 

I do think though guys at least where I'm from are getting better about opening up about feelings I know plenty of guys who openly talk about going to therapy, dealing with depression, etc. Hopefully one day everyone can just be themselves without caring about what others think, I believe thats what it all boils down to. :yes

Posted
1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Obama was the worst president of all time.  Criminal who should be behind bars.   Trump have no impeachable offenses in this partisan impeachment that is bring brought forward just because they wont beat him in November and they know it. 

:roflmao:

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
Just now, Olympian1010 said:

attending European universities by the way. I had my heart set on Germany

Going to uni in Germany would be a dream 

Posted
Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know if y’all heard, but over 1 million Americans are planning to “invade” Area 51 on September 20, 2019 by Naruto running :facepalm:. Yes, this is real. Yes, we are the world’s dumbest culture. Yes, people have drawn mock battle plans. Yes, I clicked attend on Facebook :yes

I actually am hoping people show up! 

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

So, What´s your first impressions ? did you have a nice flight ? 

The flight was good very long (13 hours in total for both my flights). I love the city so far, I was expecting it to be much smaller than it is, I haven't been to Vienna yet so I'm sure when I go there I'll realize Bratislava is much smaller. But I love the different styles of architecture it's cool to see the different "phases" the city has gone through. 

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Pity, you should definitely try to make a day or two to visit and explore the country around the Tatras or experience some adventures in the Slovak paradise

I really wish I'd be able to but the trip is me just tagging along with my mom who is going for work so I've kinda got to stay in Bratislava during the week, If I knew Slovak I would definitely take the train to these places cause they look stunning!

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
2 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Missouri: 17 people dead after tourist boat capsizes on Table Rock Lake

I thought they are good swimmers in USA , how can you die in one small lake 

They have these same type of boats where I live and they have lots of stuff blocking the windows (plastic, metal bars) and such so I'd imagine it's difficult for a super young or super old person to escape out of the boat if it flips over. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Trump basically saying: "Actually I meant exactly the opposite of what I said."

Your president of the United States I don't think you should be mixing up the words would and wouldn't 

Sad he still has to read off of a paper just to make sure he is saying the correct things. :facepalm:

On 6/30/2018 at 16:20, konig said:

Well, finally we will go to Europe, basically to Spain, France, England and Italy.

Tips/recomendations of places to visit or things to do?

I've been to Spain but when I was about 6 months old so I don't remember it. But, I' went to Italy about 3 years ago and loved it! I'm not sure where your going in Italy but assuming your going to Rome some of my favorite things I did was obviously get some gelato, visit Vatican City, and overall just enjoy and soak in all the amazing architecture (we don't have much here in the US). I'm not sure how set in stone your trip is but if you get the chance the country side is absolutely stunning and there are some amazing pizza places all throughout! Not sure if this was any help but I hope you have a fun time and I'm going to France in February (school trip) so I might need some advice from you on what to expect! 

50 minutes ago, phelps said:

just watched the last episode of The Blacklist #5...

and wow! I didn't really expect the turnaround given by the revelations of this episode...:yikes:

one of the best scripts among all the "crime" series of these last few years...by far...

now I can't wait for season #6...

right now I'm also watching Homeland #7 and The Americans #6 (which has been anticipated to be the last season)...

Carrie (aka Claire Danes) always extraordinary...one of my favourite interpretations ever...and the series itself has got a lot better than the previous season (which was the weakest of them all, imho), especially the second half is getting back to the pathos of the 4th and 5th season (even if those ones can't be matched unless they get back to the Middle East scenarios)...

finally, also The Americans is giving the audience a great finish...I'm only at episode #3, but the season is really promising and makin'up for a poor season #5...

Both most recent seasons of Homeland and The Americans are AMAZING!