website statistics
Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2018
Posted
4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, there's around 17 million people and around 22,5 million bikes here...

So some people are cheating on thier bikes? :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2018
Posted
24 minutes ago, bestmen said:

in Netherlands they live with bicycle they eat bicycle they sleep with bicycle or what 

I heard that @heywoodu has a duel marriage to a bike and a pair of skates :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Looks nice.

Hopefully we´ll finally be able to qualify more than 1 rider (last time it happens also in Asia in 2008) and thus our cyclist will finally be able to fight for medal. Our cycling is still waiting for a Olympic medal, now it will be 44 years ! when the last Slovak athlete won a medal in cycling under the five rings

Don’t worry Sagan will get you the mountain biking gold :champion::p

43 minutes ago, phelps said:

Olympic Road Race courses revealed...and we're gonna have some tough, really tough races...especially the men's one...

https://tokyo2020.org/en/news/notice/20180809-01.html

The Tokyo 1964 games were infamous for the closet ever finish in Olympic cycling. It appears that organizers want to make it an interesting course and race again. I’m very excited to see the men’s course in action, but the women’s course seems a bit mundane. However, the difference in courses may give us 2 very different race, which would be highly entertaining.

9 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Congrats to Geraint :champion::WAL:GBR 

So sad for Roglič :( but still very impressive what he has done

Also Peter 6th Green Jersey :clap: LEGEND !

Let’s go Peter!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity: isn't it a good idea to use the spoiler option for those huge posts with two big videos and the top-3 of a stage in letters that are so big my entire screen is filled with just 3 names? :p 

It costs only like 2 seconds extra to click on the 'Spoiler' button and post it there, but it saves a whole lot of scrolling :p 

Reveal hidden contents

PZUj_4RCSaScDmb-Ui0pEg~tour-de-france-lo

Stage 6

Thursday - July 12th, 2018

h. 13:25 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brest - Mur de Bretagne

181km - Lumpy/Uphill Finish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:IRL  MARTIN Daniel
4:13:43

:FRA  LATOUR Pierre
+1

:ESP  VALVERDE Alejandro
+3

Complete Standing

YELLOW JERSEY

Greg Van Avermaet (BEL) 22:35:46
Geraint Thomas (GBR) +3
Tejay Van Garderen (USA) +5

GREEN JERSEY

Peter Sagan (SVK) 199
Fernando Gaviria (COL) 156
Alexander Kristoff (NOR) 88

POLKA DOT JERSEY

Toms Skujins (LAT) 6
Sylvain Chavanel (FRA) 4
Dion Smith (AUS) 4

WHITE JERSEY

Soren Kragh Andersen (DEN) 22:36:49
Egan Bernal Gomez (COL) +27
Pierre Latour (FRA) +2:17

Easy.

I disagree, I like it

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

:IRL:clap:

Peter with a nice 8th place, few more points :yes

I really think that if Sagan wanted to he could a top 20, or even top 10 overall contender. I mean this honestly when I say this, Peter Sagan is the best all around cyclist currently. 

P.S Also, shoutout to another of my California bros, Toms, coming in clutch with that climb today. All good riders, seem to want to ride in my state. I think the Tour of California should become the fourth Grand Tour ;)

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

See? I swear Rwanda 2025 is gonna be amazing :bowdown:

I really hope the UCI actually chooses Rwanda, it would be so cool

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Skantars, Hochschorners, Toth, Velez Z, Vlhova/Vhlova, Fialkova, Fialkova, Kuzmina, Volko, Sagan, Sagan, Zampa, Zampa to name a few :p 

Honestly I’ve watched all of these athletes, yet I couldn’t think of their names 

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

In other hand, Many athletes ? didn´t knew we have MANY athletes known abroad :d

Skantars, Veronica Velez Z, both Sagan’s, Jan Volko

30 minutes ago, hckosice said:

this is so absolutely insanely fantastic :clap: what a incredible fabulous sport person our small country have in this guy

Your country appears to produce many of my favorite athletes, including Sagan.

I’ve been cheering him on since he rode in my state, which was when his career was early on and I was young (12 maybe?).

I remember when one stage of the Tour of California started in my town, and I skipped school to watch it. When Sagan was introduced at the start the stage, I was in the front row and cheering for him. He was nice enough to sign my little Cannondale hat. I like that he is such a good role model for kids. He’s also pretty funny and an awesome character.

36 minutes ago, NaBUru38 said:

Why there's no criteriums in the UCI professional tours?

Fans can watch cyclists multiple times. The organizer can sell grandstand tickets and provide other attractions to fans. WIth the shorter course, road traffic is less affected.

The last stage on the women’s Tour of California was a criterium. I think it’s because it’s boring without natural views and terrain 

4 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

After driving this route million times it's hotter then hell.   And very windy with the wind blowing desert sand all over you 

As a cyclist, this sounds like a fantastic ride. In honesty though, this was one of the stages I thought could be the most interesting to watch