website statistics
3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Let's try to predict the 4x400m mixed relay quotas.

Heat 1: :BAH :JAM — DH: :RSA

Heat 2: :SUI :CAN — DH :ITA

Heat 3: :GBR :BOT — DH: :UKR

It looks like Botswana will not use its best options. I would say Spain can be dangerous, but our chances now are better than in the morning )

Trying to predict substitutions, but it looks impossible, since published entries are incorrect.

For example, Botswana: Makwala started 4x400(M) but was not on the list. And Pesela started 4x400(X) but was not on the list for that discipline 

Anyway, Ukraine in X will have a very hard task with the first place to be sealed by the Great Britain and the second contested by Spain and Botswana. If Botswana will include Ndori into this squad instead of fighting for prize money, they will be great favourites.

Screenshot_511.pngScreenshot_510.png

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

I no longer have the times or updates on the IAAF website

The same issue. It it too hot at the Bahamas - server overheat )

We looked better than I expected but that was not enough (( And I am not so optimistic about the day 2 depite our 6th time among the non-qualified teams. The draw will be crucial

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Femke Boll :bowdown:

Amazing relay for Netherlands, Olympic pass for them and Dominican Republic.

And with Jamaica and Bahamas without tickets today we will have a hard fight tomorrow

And Ukraine 4x400 mixed relay team

Oleksandr POHORILKO
Tetyana MELNYK
Danylo DANYLENKO
Anna RYZHYKOVA

It looks like our main stake with Ryzhykova in the sartlist

8 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

If anyone knows how they are going to work out the seeding for the heats on day 2 (or, indeed, how they worked out the seeding for the heats on day 1), I'd love to know.

Worth noting, in case it hasn't already been mentioned, that there's 2 spots in each relay saved for the fastest time for teams that don't qualify this weekend. So let's all hope the US and Jamaican teams get their batons around safely, so that they don't hog those spots. :d

The seeding has the same procedure for both days.

So the place at the first days does not effects the seeding for the second day. 

Important note: DQ and DNF at the first day allows to start at the day 2. DNS at the 1st day does not allow to start at the day 2

image.png

13 hours ago, dodge said:

It will depend on the draws. They’ll have 2 teams ranked ahead of them in both heats so will have to over perform in one. If they qualify either on day one, I’d be confident the other would qualify on day two

But the point remains, they’re likely going to have to sacrifice one of them if they don’t finish in the top 2 in the opening round. We won’t be the only country like this either 

We have similar situation trying to qualify both 4x400 W and X. Bur the approach is different. Our best runners are divided between the squads and are not expected to start both disciplines. Will see what work better )) May be both ways will give the same result

1 hour ago, phelps said:

semantics

day #1 is still about being among the top 2 in any of the 4 "heats" to make the final and directly qualify to the Games (or being 3rd or 4th to make the B Final, AKA Olympic qualifier, round #2)

day #2 is about winning the medals and the prize money for the top 8 teams of day1 and being among the top 6 of the B Final to earn the Olympic spot for those who were 3rd or 4th in the heats of the first day

they can change the name of the rounds as they want, but the target (and the format) is always the same

But I am adraid, there is no B final. All the teams outside of Top-2 at the day#1 will compete at the day #2.

These teams will compose 3 heats for the day #2. Top-2 teams from each hear will get Olympic quotas.

https://assets.aws.worldathletics.org/document/663212e41464bd8e9bda3d62.pdf

7 minutes ago, copravolley said:

It's a terrible thing. As you can see, in this relay it`s worth having a second option in case of a fall/injury or for tactical reasons. Maybe it will be possible to add second Italian couples who will individually have 3 walkers in 2 genders? In my opinion the World Championship gold medalist should have an additional place from outside the pool and then the 2nd Italian pair with the time from the ranking could enter. For now, these Olympic qualifications are very unlucky for us: Chamizo's humiliation recently and now Stano's stupid bad luck. This is slowly starting to irritate me.

I thing WA should have at least 2 separate qualifying ecents. It would fix the situations like Stano had. So sad for him (

10 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Stano out injured after stepping on a bottle thrown by someone else, probably so goodbye to the 2nd team for Italy, and maybe 2 big Olympic medal chances, individual and realay, already gone.

Do relay mebers are automatically allowed do start in the individual event at the Olympics?

1 hour ago, dodge said:

Technically it isn’t the “5 best 2nd pairs” 

It’s the first 22 pairs (with a max of 2 per NOC)

In reality it’s likely the same thing but just in case…

So WA changed the rules)

This one is valid and 22 teams will qualify today.

https://assets.aws.worldathletics.org/document/64b027b60f3d42ed998901b5.pdf

------------------------- -

Is this document valid? (No)

According to the text only the first 16 teams will get quotas. And the rest will be distrivuted via rankings.

image.png

https://assets.aws.worldathletics.org/document/63a1742ced7e871d1a269206.pdf

Edited by avlar

Silver for Maguchich - is not exact what was expected, but it is a medal anyway for :UKR )))

Of course it looks like all the high jumpers are preparing for summer and it is not their best form. Especially I was very suprised by the jumps of Topic at this champs.

Edited by avlar