website statistics
6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:GER filed a protest and are accepted into the 4x400 mixed relay final. So 9 teams in total. :USA and their 415/385 combo are safe (duh).

Now Spain should put a protest because they thought were qualified and now find they are bumped by 3 teams and out VAMOS ESPANA!

8 hours ago, szy123 said:

Some Swiss girl is out of heptathlon and ?? Adrianna Sułek is in. She posted about rellocation on her insta. 

with all respect to the polish girl but wish the girl from Trinidad and Tobago got that quota instead as she surely would be very competitive for a medal or top 5

Salwa Eid Nasser suspended two years will miss the Games

With no Nasser and Miller Uibo at the 400m in Tokio then Allyson Felix is looking very good for medal chances 

BREAKING NEWS: 400m world champion Salwa Eid Naser banned for two years, will miss Tokyo Olympics (sportsmax.tv)

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread
Posted

Britain has several option for wining medals in Tokyo, maybe the medal for Johnson-Tompson is in danger but I can see Dina taking at least a bronze, brits tend to do well in the relays and also they have a shot at 800, 1500 in both men & women. 

I predict something between 3 to 6 medals, can't see Britain not taking at least one

Posted

Athing Mu, the american sensation over the 400m ran 49.68 yet another American U20 record and it was in the quarterfinals!

Girl is running a lot, I don't think she will have anything left when US Olympic trials come though would like to be prove wrong

Posted

18 year old american Athing Mu wins the 400m at SEC Championships with a new US Junior record time of 49.84

Teenagers from Africa and now american will be making big debut this season and going into Tokyo if they all qualify will make the event very very good against Shaunae Miller-Uibo and the current world champion. An historic and potential world record race at the Olympics?

Laura Galvan is becoming slowly but steady a great athlete for our nation and I hope she can do it very well at the Olympics and make a statement so she can get the recognition she already deserves within mexican sports community

National Record, Pan Am Gold Medalist and now on to her first Olympics with plenty of time ahead of her

and 19th mexican athlete qualified!? wow I guess this will be one of our biggest teams and considering this time the qualifying process is harder than before