website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

21 hours ago, dcro said:

Great battle between :EST and :LTU for the 22nd place in women's nations cup. Lithuania has taken the 22nd place after today, but only by a whisker!

That's essentially a battle for the Olympic quota in mixed relay.

Well, it wouldn't be a battle if our women's team wasn't an utter disappointment. Since we never do well in the relays, I think we'll need a magical sprint at Oslo to take Estonia down. Also, too bad that our men had huge problems with consistency, we really had a chance to qualify with 5 :(

33 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, it wouldn't be a battle if our women's team wasn't an utter disappointment. Since we never do well in the relays, I think we'll need a magical sprint at Oslo to take Estonia down. Also, too bad that our men had huge problems with consistency, we really had a chance to qualify with 5 :(

I think that Estonia also overperforms in relays. :d Looking at their line up for tomorrow, Lithuania should really beat them, but...

If you think Lithuanian girls are hopeless, then look at what Kadri Lehtla is doing these days. I wonder if she is even a serious athlete these days.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Laura :hearts: gets told by the German reporter that she has actually won the overall World Cup, as she wasn't doing the maths and just focussed on performing well, she didn't know it yet :d

After the "whooo!!" there's some more questions like "But is it 100% sure now? Are you certain?" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 hours ago, dcro said:

I think that Estonia also overperforms in relays. :d Looking at their line up for tomorrow, Lithuania should really beat them, but...

If you think Lithuanian girls are hopeless, then look at what Kadri Lehtla is doing these days. I wonder if she is even a serious athlete these days.

Well, Rasimovičiūtė was always better than Lethla and now they're nearly on the same level. I just hope that mixed relay wouldn't be over for us after the girls start, cause Kaukėnas can bring some time back during 3rd leg.

Still 2 events to finish the Road to Pyeongchang. After the single relay no new quotas (? - i must correct all my calculations) are absigned.

In men's cup Finland climb the ranking and now is is 20th positions, the last useful positions for qualify 5 athletes. 

In women's cup Lithuania is now in 22th positions and Estonia will not compete at OG whit the men's team and they virtually lost the mixed relay.