website statistics

Track Cycling UEC European Championships 2018

Totallympics

13 minuti fa, Dragon ha scritto:

The omnium needs a change in the format.

4 nearly identical races gets boring quickly

the omnium needs to be cancelled...:evil:

they should have the points race and the elimination race as they stand in the program (and the men's madison, of course...the girls maybe in the future, right now they need to make a lot more experience on that race before they should be allowed to ride it at the global events, imho)...and stop.

As far as I'm concerned, the elimination race is the single most exciting race in track cycling, yet it's not even raced on its own during the euro/world championships.:lol:

I don't know why the IOC felt obligated to bring up this Omnium thing and not simply one (or two) endurance event(s).

Edited by De_Gambassi

11 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

As far as I'm concerned, the elimination race is the single most exciting race in track cycling, yet it's not even raced on its own during the euro/world championsups.:lol:

I don't know why the IOC felt obligated to bring up this Omnium thing and not simply one (or two) endurance event(s).

I think having the omnium is a good thing, but absolutely not in the current form. It should be a good mix between sprints, endurance, riding on your own and riding in a field/mass start. 

And yeah, elimination race should be a stand-alone event :spank: 

My favourite event after the 1km time trial, which is of course less tactically exciting to watch, but for me it's also some of the purest essence of sports: pull out absolutely every single last bit of energy in your body and if at the end you're still able to walk, you didn't go deep enough :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Elimination race :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Reparing the track while there are still riders on the track, because that can't go wrong..

Spoiler

Oh wait, at this year's world championships an official got hit and spent weeks in the hospital.

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Red flag, race is stopped :cry: 

Neutralized, I would say :p 

They'll continue.