website statistics

Athletics EAA Indoor European Championships 2021

Totallympics

Papachristou only fifth in the end :cry:

Very disappointing because I had high hopes for her. She won medals at the last four European Championships and since she is WL for 2021, I didn't expect her medal streak to end here in Torun, especially since she was so good in qualifying the other day also.

However I must say it is okay to finish fifth in such a strong competition. Didn't expect this to be a strong year but all three medalists jumped over 14.50, first time that happened in any European Championship in more than a decade! Congratulations to all medalists.

Sad to see Greece leave Torun with only one medal, first time since 2013 at any European Championships (indoor or outdoor) with so few medals but at least the medal we won was a gold which makes it better for us.

Also Vasiliou and Zakka achieved new PBs which is a good sign, even though Vasiliou said she will retire after Tokyo, I hope she changes her mind. She is only 30 and really only made it to major competitions the last 4-5 years, before that she did nothing and she's at her peak now so why stop?!