website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

It my opinion, polls will be off, just like in 2016. It is well known that there is a large amount of Trump supporters that do not publicly state their affiliation in fear of being judged, confronted, ostracized in the community, fired from their jobs. Right now, if i have to make a balanced prediction, Trumps wins everything he carried in 2016 minus Michigan. In this case, he can afford to lose one other medium state like a Wisconsin or Arizona. 

Nah. Shy Trumpers is a well known theory, not a fact. Really, the numbers from 2016 didn't really show that so much. (Trump was generally overestimated i blue states and underestimated in red)

It was about late deciders. Trump won those by a landslide 4 years ago. But it doesn't look like they are as many this year. Polling generally has less undecided/3rd party voters (4-5% nationally compared to 12,5 % on election day 2016).

Let us afterall look at the polling averages from 2016. They were generalle pretty correct when it came to Clinton. They underestimated Trump but didn't overestimate her (in fact she ended up higher in several states).  Now Biden is generally higher in polling than Clinton, even being above 50 % in Michigan and Wisconsin.

Unless people are suddenly saying that they will vote for Biden just to end up voting for Trump, there aren't much "shy Trumpers" to change the direction of the election. 

We have seen a few bigger misses in polling than what would be needed for Trump this year, but it would be pretty damn big.

I'm not calling anything, but I'm having a hard time believing that you'll be right.

On 31/10/2020 at 15:47, OlympicsFan said:

I am really surprised to see how obsessed many people on here seem to be with US politics in general and the 2020 elections in particular. Are there really non-American people who will stay up all night in the middle of the week to wait for the results?

Well, in our case, if "Chamberlain" Biden wins, countrys like mine bacame "quicker" in a chinese colony, so.....yes, im very interested in the US elections, specially in a Trump Victory.

47 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I didn’t believe the rumors Melania used a body double (which turned out to be false of course) and the odds are Kamala isn’t either. Also, again, can we not share opinion sites as a source of news. No self-respecting, honest to journalist is going to title an actual story “Holy Crap...” 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I didn’t believe the rumors Melania used a body double (which turned out to be false of course) and the odds are Kamala isn’t either. Also, again, can we not share opinion sites as a source of news. No self-respecting, honest to journalist is going to title an actual story “Holy Crap...” 

Not to mention the very clear focus on supporting Loomer.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, given that once-respectable publications refuse to cover legitimate stories which reflect badly on their favoured candidate, I din’t think there’s any reason to be snobbish.

10 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Well, given that once-respectable publications refuse to cover legitimate stories which reflect badly on their favoured candidate, I din’t think there’s any reason to be snobbish.

No, there are still many respectable publications. If I see Reuters or AP pick up that story; then I’ll entertain the idea of someone using a body double. Those organizations don’t have a favored candidate. Reuters and the AP rank dead center in every measure of political slant done by organizations that measure those metrics. 

I really shouldn’t have to spend my time defending honest journalists against some of the garbage shared on here, but “history repeats itself” is working hard to make 2020 look more like 1938, so here I am.

It’s honestly amazing how many of the users on here who preach cynicism aren’t cynical about stories that agree with their opinion. When an honest reporter writes a fair and fact-filled story, that’s some “government fed lie,” but when a political pundit/commentator (whose only aim is to sell their political ideology at all costs) writes an insane conspiratorial story that basically lacks any evidence, or only quotes people from one side of the political spectrum, or includes doctored information; that’s a “hard truth.” 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, konig said:

Well, in our case, if "Chamberlain" Biden wins, countrys like mine bacame "quicker" in a chinese colony, so.....yes, im very interested in the US elections, specially in a Trump Victory.

???

This election makes no difference for us. 

It barely makes a difference for their own country as a start.

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

???

This election makes no difference for us. 

It barely makes a difference for their own country as a start.

I disagree: Biden wont interfiere too much in the relation of our goverment with China and even can give some helps, with Trump our goverment "lose" and surely wont have any help (remember what happen in the OEA, for example), and i dont think Trump let a "closer" relation with China.

Biden is, for me, with China like Chamberlain was with Germany.