Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


carivan

Road Cycling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Recommended Posts

Am ‎09‎.‎08‎.‎2018 um 16:43 schrieb hckosice:

Looks nice.

 

Hopefully we´ll finally be able to qualify more than 1 rider (last time it happens also in Asia in 2008) and thus our cyclist will finally be able to fight for medal. Our cycling is still waiting for a Olympic medal, now it will be 44 years ! when the last Slovak athlete won a medal in cycling under the five rings

 

Do you think Sagan could manage it? IMO, it seems a bit too difficult even for him. Though it probably depends who will compete, given that the road race will probably take place less then one week after the Tour de France.

 

Are the courses for the time trials confirmed as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

 

Do you think Sagan could manage it? IMO, it seems a bit too difficult even for him. Though it probably depends who will compete, given that the road race will probably take place less then one week after the Tour de France.

 

Are the courses for the time trials confirmed as well?

 

Well, You are probably right.

But, you know, this is Sagan, he definitely should not be underestimated, if he is well prepared and has some real focus on it, he can win on any terrain. In addition, it will be probably his last chance to win a Olympic medal.

 

and if not, there still a MTB (Our athlete is starting to collect Olympic points consistently) :p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22/44km is quite short but the course is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22km :lol:

 

So much focus on gender equality and everything and then they give the women a junior distance again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

22km :lol:

 

So much focus on gender equality and everything and then they give the women a junior distance again...

 

Yeah, it is actually the shortest ever distance for women's Olympic TT. :p

 

44 km for men is also the shortest ever, going back to 1912...

 

 

Edited by dcro
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dcro said:

 

Yeah, it is actually the shortest ever distance for women's Olympic TT. :p

 

44 km for men is also the shortest ever, going back to 1912...

 

 

That's awful, but at least the course looks pretty hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Continental qualification events will be as follows:

 

Africa - :ETH Addis Ababa (February 2019)

Asia - :UZB Tashkent (April 2019)

Americas - :MEX Mexico (May 2019)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×