Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


vlad

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, LDOG said:

President of the argentine NOC: "there is a 50% chance we will have to withdraw from the olympic football tournament due to lack of players" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

 

 

Also Martino may present his resignation due to this situation. Even the argentine clubs are denying players to the NT!

Whitdraw whit only 28 days (?) to the OG is a bit ridiculus..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 20 minutos, Gianlu33 said:

Whitdraw whit only 28 days (?) to the OG is a bit ridiculus..

 

But it is what it is, there's not enough players to make 18. Out of the 35-man large list, currently there are only 6 players released. Everyone else said "no", especially european clubs, we could get only three players released from them (Rulli from R. Sociedad, A. Correa from Atlético and J. Correa from Sampdoria).

 

I think at the end an agreement will be done, at least with the argentine clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaking news: Martino resigned.

 

Increase that chance of withdrawal to 70% :bye:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolutly dissaster!!, i dont have words to say what i think of all this.....

 

well yes, some bad words in spanish: *********************************************************

 

EDIT by LDOG: calm down Konig :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the Colombian team is having the same issues. Olympic participation might not be worth the headache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, konig said:

This is absolutly dissaster!!, i dont have words to say what i think of all this.....

 

well yes, some bad words in spanish: *********************************************************

 

EDIT by LDOG: calm down Konig :d

Sory, i cant believe this, bad day at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if they withdraw? Someone replaces them or since its so close there will.be only 15 teams in the tournament 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

What happens if they withdraw? Someone replaces them or since its so close there will.be only 15 teams in the tournament 

 

The Uruguayan press is already all over this lol. They say that the rules indicate that FIFA will appoint a replacement and fine Argentina. They think they could go as being since they were next in line (third at Juventud de America 2015) and they're from the same confederation (their very powerful NOC President is already on the case) or that it could be the United States since they were the ones thet lost the play-off with Colombia. They're even analysing the rivals (slow news day in Uruguay, I guess).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carivan said:

 

The Uruguayan press is already all over this lol. They say that the rules indicate that FIFA will appoint a replacement and fine Argentina. They think they could go as being since they were next in line (third at Juventud de America 2015) and they're from the same confederation (their very powerful NOC President is already on the case) or that it could be the United States since they were the ones thet lost the play-off with Colombia. They're even analysing the rivals (slow news day in Uruguay, I guess).

dont think we will send a team on a moment's notice, anyway they lost , probably Uruguay would be the correct choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahora, Maxim Fastovsky said:

dont think we will send a team on a moment's notice, anyway they lost , probably Uruguay would be the correct choice

 

I'm pretty confident Argentina will make it tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×