website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

PyeongChang likely will host 2024 Winter Youth Olympics.

Shame fore Brasov. I think they made a bid for this edition too. It’s going to be tough for a city like Brasov to win though, since they don’t have a sliding track or an indoor speed skating oval.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Now I'm worried about the fate of 2021 Asian Winter Games 

People seem to think Beijing will host them as a test event...

I don’t think the venues will be ready in time. Sapporo could feasibly host again, and really Pyeongchang could host both. Almaty is still very capable of hosting as an emergency host as well. I still don’t think the games will happen though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I came across something really neat while making results books for the 2014 Asian Games. Every morning the sports results system would be begin with a message that “Good Morning”. I know that doesn’t seem like it’s a lot, but I thought it was a cool way to greet spectators, officials, and archivists like myself. The day would end with “Good Night” also.

Looks like the 2025 European Olympic Winter Festival destination might be deep in the Caucasus.  I wonder how many nations would balk at the cost.  Glad to see they are restoring  biathlon track.  It must have been there from the Soviet era.

24 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Looks like the 2025 European Olympic Winter Festival destination might be deep in the Caucasus.  I wonder how many nations would balk at the cost.  Glad to see they are restoring  biathlon track.  It must have been there from the Soviet era.

This could already get it's own thread :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

I had put it in its own thread, but it must have been moved into this one.

Oh that's too bad. Good initiative to open the thread though, should not have been just closed and moved but here we are :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

We don't even have threads for Tokyo 2020 though. :p

Or any games in 2021 except for the World Games. I could start making some I guess, I’m generally the most active in those threads.