website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

58 minutes ago, phelps said:

you can always buy a gift box with a lot of them inside it...:p

"è il pensiero che conta" ("intention is what really matters"), as we always say...

Which is why a possibly slighly failed homemade bunch of chocolates mght be more appreciated than one easily bought in a shop :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, phelps said:

you can always buy a gift box with a lot of them inside it...:p

"è il pensiero che conta" ("intention is what really matters"), as we always say...

Probably, but then for the specific case I have to deal with the fact that sadly she doesn't like alcohol:nopompom:

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Chocolate filled with chocolate is pretty much the best way to go :p 

If she could decide, she would agree with this :D however, I have started planning some: cinnamon, pistachio, milk chocolate with hazelnuts, dark chocolate with Strega liquor, triple chocolate. Orange filling is kind of intriguing, but I don't think I will be able to get proper ingredients sadly. I would love mou or trying to make a kind of chocolate called cremino. I would also like preparing truffles, but they appear really complicated to me:(

The real problem is being able to prepare correct quantities of filling and of chocolate for covering!

7 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

If she could decide, she would agree with this :D however, I have started planning some: cinnamon, pistachio, milk chocolate with hazelnuts, dark chocolate with Strega liquor, triple chocolate. Orange filling is kind of intriguing, but I don't think I will be able to get proper ingredients sadly. I would love mou or trying to make a kind of chocolate called cremino. I would also like preparing truffles, but they appear really complicated to me:(

The real problem is being able to prepare correct quantities of filling and of chocolate for covering!

Sounds to me like the real problem may be remembering all those ingredients. :yikes:

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Sounds to me like the real problem may be remembering all those ingredients. :yikes:

Nah, that is easy: when I was at my first year of university I used to remember atomic weights of some element up to the fourth decimal. Then I got old and decided to start making chocolate :lol:

2 hours ago, dcro said:

It's easy though.

Is it chocolate?

Yes --> Keep it

No --> Get rid of it

Done :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

40 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's easy though.

Is it chocolate?

Yes --> Keep it

No --> Get rid of it

Done :cheer: 

What if Açaí gets involved?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What if Açaí gets involved?

Should not go inside the chocolate.

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Should not go inside the chocolate.

Best way to enjoy it. Especially inside dark chocolate :wub:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...