website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2018

Olympian1010

Central American and Caribbean Games 2018

:COL Barranquilla (COL) - 19 July 2018 - 3 August 2018 :COL

212610rcnmohxipvh1v1mz.png

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

A) I respected your Mediterranean Games

B) the level is actually about par with other international games

C) It been around since before the Pan American and South American Games

D) It gives smaller countries an opportunity to compete on a big stage and win medals

E) It helps countries qualify for the Pan American Games

F) to turn your words back on you “if you don’t like sports games why are you here?”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

this is one continent 

so they should organize 1 games , not the northern games ,the eastern games the central the southern west 

besides the central area is just one country with virtual borders , i dont see any difference between Nicaragua/panama for ex 

12 minutes ago, bestmen said:

this is one continent 

so they should organize 1 games , not the northern games ,the eastern games the central the southern west 

besides the central area is just one country with virtual borders , i dont see any difference between Nicaragua/panama for ex 

Well I don’t see any differences between Algeria and Tunisia and Morocco, so I’m glad we’re on the same page. Also, just so you know Asia has 5-7 games, Europe has 5-6 games, Africa has 3 games and commonwealth, so let’s not pretend that America has too many games. Also, North and South America are two Continents connected by a land bridge, like Africa and Asia.

On 5/31/2018 at 20:38, bestmen said:

these games are a joke  the level is very low

for what reason they do 3 games for 1 continent

Actually, Cuba is in them, so they are considered more prestigious than the South American

In 2014 we had great competitors in gymnastics. Manrique Larduet, Jorge Vega, Tommy Ramos, Daniel Corral, Jossimar Calvo on his peak form, Jessica Lopez, Ana Sofia Gomez, Elsa Garcia, Alexa Moreno and Yessenia Ferrera (before she got injured). Rhythmics was only good because Cynthia Valdez competed, but still nothing really special.

Since I only care about gymnastics, I expect nothing from this competition this year, unfortunatly. Most (if not all) of the gymnasts are far from their glory days. I hope they prove me wrong, but this will probably be the worst event of the year in gymnastics, which is quite sad considering how awesome it was in 2014.