website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics UEG European Championships 2021

Totallympics

I hate the current code of points for allowing Radivilov to keep winning medals with such horrible vaults. His pike position is so atrocious it should count as tuck (and that would lower the difficulty of the vault, too). Also, he lands with the chest super low -- that alone is a 0.5 deduction -- but, somehow, he still gets gold. UGH.

And the balance beam final was not as bad as I expected. Bachynska went from 10th to bronze medal, and MDJDS won by the smallest possible margin. I can't complain.

19 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I hate the current code of points for allowing Radivilov to keep winning medals with such horrible vaults. His pike position is so atrocious it should count as tuck (and that would lower the difficulty of the vault, too). Also, he lands with the chest super low -- that alone is a 0.5 deduction -- but, somehow, he still gets gold. UGH.

And the balance beam final was not as bad as I expected. Bachynska went from 10th to bronze medal, and MDJDS won by the smallest possible margin. I can't complain.

We should be lucky at least sometime ... This is a response for yesterday's fencing, where Yagodka lost in the final, and Yunes - in the semifinals

30 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

And how nice for Olympic champion Sanne Wevers :NED who finally finished on the podium again after het ECh-gold in 2018. She can still improve her exercise, but not as much as many others. I don't expect an Olympic medal or even final for her, but still nice to see Sanne competes at the highest level.

34 minutes ago, CCB said:

And how nice for Olympic champion Sanne Wevers :NED who finally finished on the podium again after het ECh-gold in 2018. She can still improve her exercise, but not as much as many others. I don't expect an Olympic medal or even final for her, but still nice to see Sanne competes at the highest level.

She should be happy with this result. She doesn't have the difficulty to challenge for an Olympic medal, and the next code of points will be horrible for her, so don't be surprised if she decides to retire after the Olympics.

Gold for Gadirova on floor! Yay! FINALLY Melnikova was not awarded an unrealistic score for her sloppy floor routine. Ferrari with the bronze medal is not something I'm excited about, especially because her execution was not good, but kudos to her for winning a medal at such an "old" age for this sport.

No medals for France is kind of sad, but not exactly unexpected. Poor Heduit. I hope she's not seriously injured. I like her style a lot and I hope she goes to Tokyo.

43 minutes ago, Illya said:

We should be lucky at least sometime ... This is a response for yesterday's fencing, where Yagodka lost in the final, and Yunes - in the semifinals

Could you maybe tell me why Ukraine is so good in men’s gymnastics? I am sure that they have less money than Germany and I also don’t think that gymnastics is sport number one in Ukraine, so what is your secret?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Could you maybe tell me why Ukraine is so good in men’s gymnastics? I am sure that they have less money than Germany and I also don’t think that gymnastics is sport number one in Ukraine, so what is your secret?

We have strong traditions, many Olympic champions in Ukraine are gymnasts. Yes, we obviously have less money than the Germans, but we have talents - Vernyaev, Kovtun, Radivilov, etc. There is no definite secret formula, but our trainers may know it :d

2 minutes ago, Illya said:

We have strong traditions, many Olympic champions in Ukraine are gymnasts. Yes, we obviously have less money than the Germans, but we have talents - Vernyaev, Kovtun, Radivilov, etc. There is no definite secret formula, but our trainers may know it :d

Where is Vernyaev? Is he competing in Tokyo?

1 minute ago, CCB said:

Where is Vernyaev? Is he competing in Tokyo?

We do not know, there are problems, but I would not like to voice guess-versions, I do not think this is correct in relation to Oleg. I will say this - nothing is clear, and in the near future we are unlikely to find out anything

Horrible, horrible, horrible final on the horizontal bar. I expected a poor showing after many of the great gymnasts failed to qualify, but this was still beyond atrocious.

Definitely not the level of gymnastics I expected from this competition.

Still, congratulations to the medalists.