website statistics

Badminton Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Griff88

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

and it looks official now. our federation receiving and confirming the quota for Martina.

Bravo Martina, Congrats and enjoy the Olympics. :cheer:

3rd :SVK badminton appearance at the Olympics. Funny enough all 3 were females. Eva Sládeková in Beijing 2008, Monika Fašungocá in London 2012 and now Repiská.

obrázok.png

congrats slovakia :SVK

18 minutes ago, Illya said:

Only 1 quota for Ukraine ?

You have good chance for a second quota. Maria is R2 at present. Carolina Marin is almost surely out. And IIRC, there were some posts here about some other players also not being nominated by their NOC. So, one more withdrawal and she is in. 

On 30/05/2021 at 22:18, Dolby said:

You have good chance for a second quota. Maria is R2 at present. Carolina Marin is almost surely out. And IIRC, there were some posts here about some other players also not being nominated by their NOC. So, one more withdrawal and she is in. 

If some other countries withdraw, as Marin injured, next qualified is surely :UKR Ulitina ..... Next Eligible if someone withdraws are according to ranking :ESP Clara Azurmendi, :GUA Nikte Alejandra Sotomayor, :EGY Doha Hany, :POL Wiktoria Dabczynska, :CZE Kateřina Tomalová. 

15 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

After :ESP Carolina Marin being injured, next eligible athlete for quota should be from Europe? According to the ranking, I think the reallocation should go to :UKR Maria Ulitina. Am I right? 

Nope. There is no need for the next athlete to be from Europe. :MEX as R1 would take Marin’s place. Next in line are :UKR:MRI:GUA:EGY and :IRI

42 minutes ago, Fran-UDA said:

After :UKR, :ESP with Clara Azurmendi

Yup, my mistake. Before typing my reply I checked to see if next Spaniard was in line to replace Marin. But somehow missed her while checking reserves. 

On 30/05/2021 at 17:18, Dolby said:

With our level of luck - nope , she isn't have any chances ?