website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Prashanth said:

The find out of the Championships is Neeraj, Lily Das and the Relay team....

do not forget the fabulous performance by ajoy kumar saroj  who finished joint 4th in the 1500m for men and also yugant who did wonders for the long jump he finished 5th in qualification ( but broke his arm ) .....also tamilarasan who just missed out the finals in the boys 400mh..........the only slight disappointment was beant singh in the 800m and the 4*400 girls team who underperformed 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

The six atheletes who could make it big are ( a possible olympic medallist are ) from whom we saw here are  :clap:

Neeraj Of course ...he is young enough to further improve ..already he is the best in the world ( top 10 in the world this year in the seniors ) so he can be a future olympic medalist for India if we build him up ...he has shown tremendous improvement this year alone .......

Ajay saroj - Joint 4th in time in the world u20 is awesome and I saw the race he was the coolest amongst the runners... he has the potential for greatness 

Lily das - She has further broken her PB to 4.17 and she is still very young just crossing 17...and for the first time she is getting the attention she deserves this year  

Jisna Mathew - she is getting very good training as part of the relay team and she was disqualified because of lane crossing but she had finished third in her heats so she would have been  a semi finalist and may be even a finalist and she is the youngest in this team so definitely good potential and she is getting trained by Usha so will do well 

yugant  -was 5th in the prelims with just 2 jumps ...has done 7.8 already with some help and focus can also get to beyond 8+ easily being the top 5 in the heats of the world championship showed his potential 

Tamilarasan -  Young again and he just missed going to the finals - he finished 12th overall - age versus performance shows that again could be oner of the best in the world soon 

These six are already amongst the best in the world ...the two relay teams ahve the potential again to amongst the best 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

AFI has asked for Wild Card for Neeraj in Rio Olympics....

that woud be really awesome ...I was just thinking that he should get a wild card as the world under 20 champion and world record holder 

9 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

that woud be really awesome ...I was just thinking that he should get a wild card as the world under 20 champion and world record holder 

That reminds me of Kendra Harrison of U.S. breaking 110 m hurdles world record day before yesterday but failed to qualify for Rio.

10 hours ago, tirtha22 said:

That reminds me of Kendra Harrison of U.S. breaking 110 m hurdles world record day before yesterday but failed to qualify for Rio.

There they have 3 places and hence no chance for them...But India don't have any person, hence possible if they want.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Indian express reports that UWW  has said quota stays with India. There's going to be a meeting between the Nada panel and narsingh on Wednesday. He has asked for a retest . panel is considering it. Wfi is supporting him. In the meantime - the preparation of the entire wrestling team is in jeopardy as the training camp in Georgia has now been indefinitely postponed. Looks like even Yogi and others will now suffer for the selfishness of one man. I once considered this man to be among the country's greatest sporting heroes. Our heroes sure have feet of clay.

6 minutes ago, Partha_SG said:

Indian express reports that UWW  has said quota stays with India. There's going to be a meeting between the Nada panel and narsingh on Wednesday. He has asked for a retest . panel is considering it. Wfi is supporting him. In the meantime - the preparation of the entire wrestling team is in jeopardy as the training camp in Georgia has now been indefinitely postponed. Looks like even Yogi and others will now suffer for the selfishness of one man. I once considered this man to be among the country's greatest sporting heroes. Our heroes sure have feet of clay.

We cannot say this unless we are sure that Sushil camp has contaminated Narsingh sample. If not, Narsingh too should share the blame.

But, why are they cancelling the whole camp ? There are other wrestlers who can continue.