website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

7 minutes ago, shrikant said:

As per my understanding egyptian javelin throw champion Ihab abdelrehman who qualified for RIO found his dope test positive ... is there a chance for Neeraj to sneak in,...

1) I think Ihab's B sample is yet to be tested. At present, we don't even know if he will be banned or not.

2) According to Road to Rio website, 38 athletes (including Ihab, excluding Russians) achieved the Olympic standard in Javelin throw against Target number of 32. Neeraj is ranked 5th among the athletes not qualified giving him effective ranking of 43. So, for him to qualify atleast 11 athletes above him have to test positive or decline the quota. 

3) Even then, it is possible that IAAF will not invite anyone new, citing deadline for team nominations is over. 

10 minutes ago, Dolby said:

1) I think Ihab's B sample is yet to be tested. At present, we don't even know if he will be banned or not.

2) According to Road to Rio website, 38 athletes (including Ihab, excluding Russians) achieved the Olympic standard in Javelin throw against Target number of 32. Neeraj is ranked 5th among the athletes not qualified giving him effective ranking of 43. So, for him to qualify atleast 11 athletes above him have to test positive or decline the quota. 

3) Even then, it is possible that IAAF will not invite anyone new, citing deadline for team nominations is over. 

Thanks for the information... i guess we now need divine intervention to see Neeraj in RIO

Whatever be the decision its really a sad to have such a incident....If Salman Khan dint kill the Blackbuck then  Sushil n Satpal are not involved in the incident and narsingh is a traitor...welcome to the world of Indian Judiciary....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

7 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Whatever be the decision its really a sad to have such a incident....If Salman Khan dint kill the Blackbuck then  Sushil n Satpal are not involved in the incident and narsingh is a traitor...welcome to the world of Indian Judiciary....

Right...for now we cant accuse sushil Kumar...who knws maybe Narsingh succumbed to the pressure of expectations.....Because he's replacing 2 time Olympic medalist, ppl expect nothing short of a medal......Can be a lot of pressure

Just now, Steve_RP said:

Right...for now we cant accuse sushil Kumar...who knws maybe Narsingh succumbed to the pressure of expectations.....Because he's replacing 2 time Olympic medalist, ppl expect nothing short of a medal......Can be a lot of pressure

What pressure his roommate was having. Why did he dope. Why will he dope in a ordinary event to be caught before the Olympics. If he had doped for Olympics then I could say succumb to pressure, What is the use in doping in a ordinary grand prix.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

1 minute ago, Prashanth said:

What pressure his roommate was having. Why did he dope. Why will he dope in a ordinary event to be caught before the Olympics. If he had doped for Olympics then I could say succumb to pressure, What is the use in doping in a ordinary grand prix.

I would'nt go that far to state its a sabotage....concrete details are a lil shady....how it happened, who ate what....without these details we cant speculate....I still believe Sushil is not behind it.....he's a sportsperson......he couldn't get it...that ends it.....

3 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

9 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Prashanth, Its already clear that its a sabotage. That doesn't mean Sushil can be named directly. This probably be an activity of a disturbed well-wisher of Sushil such as small time wrestler or a cleaner or cook etc. He also came up and said that he had stopped training already and had no intention for trial after High-court verdict in Narsingh Favour. Now the debate should be based on whether he will be able to go to Rio if the sabotage angle is proved. What are the rules or any exception can be granted to him. 

i hope and pray that Narsingh didnt cheat....but 2 samples have tested positive...

It was said a shortwhile back that all food supplements provided by SAI are tested...

It will be a miracle if he's proven clean..

12 minutes ago, Rakesh Ray said:

Prashanth, Its already clear that its a sabotage. That doesn't mean Sushil can be named directly. This probably be an activity of a disturbed well-wisher of Sushil such as small time wrestler or a cleaner or cook etc. He also came up and said that he had stopped training already and had no intention for trial after High-court verdict in Narsingh Favour. Now the debate should be based on whether he will be able to go to Rio if the sabotage angle is proved. What are the rules or any exception can be granted to him. 

Sportspersons are supposed to be cautious about these things. They have to monitor everything they eat to avoid these things. Still, if sabotage or ignorance is proved, normally doping authorities are a bit lenient. But this leniency is normally in terms of reduced ban, lesser sanctions on training with national teams, etc. But, once you fail a dope test, ban is almost guaranteed. If Narsingh's B sample comes back positive, there is no chance of him going to Rio. 

As pointed by others, UWW will allow India to replace Narsingh (if he is banned). I think, considering the bad blood between Narsingh and Sushil/Satpal, it won't be a bad idea to select someone other than Sushil to replace Narsingh.