website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

52 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

@nitinsanker AFI has posted in Facebook. So its very authentic news.

actually I was not questioning the authenticity but I was hoping there was some youtube link for this run as it is a significant NR......................................

In fact when I went to road to rio for men 4*400....and at 3.02.17 if they can achieve it again would place them 13th in the 4*400 list  on the average score so that is amazing ..... I am hoping they  can have another such run 

As far as the womens 4*400 it seems really good as we would also add 5 athletes to our quota list .........................................but as my calculations it seems they are 13th not 12th ?....but either way they seem to have put a decent margin in the margin to be at rio 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

41 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Lily Das is really promising youngster has I have been following her. I have been mentioning of her from long time in this forum.

Yes, Prashanth. She got this 2min 5.4s in 800m timing in an event with absolutely no competition for her, I rmbr in the Junior nationals a month back she clocked around 4min 10s, so a 5s improvement in a month.

I was just wondering if she can be quickly moved to Europe and compete with Tintu in a couple of events, there's still a month to go for the qualification period to close, and Lily is a junior athlete so can improve much faster than the seniors. Can we somehow contribute here maybe build up an opinion poll quickly on this and share with AFI/PT Usha, even if we are ignored, we can at least make an attempt with facts from our side.

Thoughts and opinions from everyone is welcome on this.

Edited by Sanjib

1 hour ago, Sanjib said:

Yes, Prashanth. She got this 2min 5.4s in 800m timing in an event with absolutely no competition for her, I rmbr in the Junior nationals a month back she clocked around 4min 10s, so a 5s improvement in a month.

I was just wondering if she can be quickly moved to Europe and compete with Tintu in a couple of events, there's still a month to go for the qualification period to close, and Lily is a junior athlete so can improve much faster than the seniors. Can we somehow contribute here maybe build up an opinion poll quickly on this and share with AFI/PT Usha, even if we are ignored, we can at least make an attempt with facts from our side.

Thoughts and opinions from everyone is welcome on this.

Good idea! I'm in for this. She clocked 2:5.4 which is so cool as the Rio mark is 2:01.50.

They should send her to some international meet immediately. She can go down 4 sec in one month considering her fast improvement ability you mentioned

5 hours ago, Sanjib said:

Lily Das clocked a Junior record breaking 4min 21.5s in 1500m and 2min 5.4s in 800m, in a state level meet in Bengal this week-end.

I have been following her for the past week. And she broke a record each day of the west bengal state meet . Everyday her news occupied a significant position in the bengali dailies sports section in the past week.

Indian Men's Recurve Archery Team led by Atanu Das finished 5th in #WCAntalya team qualification and 2nd amongst #Rio2016 non-qualified teams!

There will be a separate draw for non-qualified teams on June 16 where top 3 finishers will be awarded Olympic quota places.
2nd seeds India will play Canada in Round of 16