MD:- Arjun/Shlok win the tiltle

WD:- Pooja/Sanjana win the title

XD:- Arjun/Maneesha defeat Shlok/Rutuparna to claim title

LPGA Evian Championship 2019- Final Rd

T69 Aditi

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

16 hours ago, Vaibhav Manocha said:

Madhu ji, let me comment on Vinesh and Amit. 

Vinesh: it was on cards considering she has had difficulties in cutting down weight and has admitted to struggle. Remember 1st qualifying tournament during Rio 2016 where she failed to be under 48? Secondly, her decision of shifting to 53 (which she feels is natural body weight) seems justified for now. Only a couple of losses - one to Chinese whom she later defeated at Asian repechage and then Mukaida. So been doing pretty good so far, reaching two ranking tournament finals and bronze at Asians.

Amit: As far as international tournaments go, he has participated in two and won both at 52. At Asians in April, he defeated Hasanboy (Gold at 49 in Rio) again, and before that the Chinese (Bronze at 52 in Rio). Also his level could be guaged from his domestic domination. At 52, we have some good boxers like Sachin, Gaurav... but Amit does stand apart.

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks for clarifying on Vinesha and also Amit.....I know that they are too good and thats why i kept them in good bets for olympic medal

Hopefully in one year time they will become more stronger in their new weight categories

On 25/07/2019 at 11:49, Shravan Kumar said:

The medals predicted by gracenote seems to be on higher side..... though i will be the happiest person if India wins 14 medals

this time they have not given details of who is going to win medals.....it seems that they have given more medals in womens boxing, wrestling and shooting!!!!

While I understand that we should follow all sports. However, this is the Olympics where we should increase our medals tally. Throughout the year we can cheer for the sportspeople, but for the Olympics we will cheer only for the medal expectants. They need our support more than others.

Tennis qualification to Tokyo ranking points(29-7-19)

Singles: 

Estimate point required (56)- 900

Prajnesh- 30(6)

Doubles: 

Estimate point required (35)- 2400

Divij- 315(5)

Bopanna-285(4)

Paes- 210(6)

3 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Tennis qualification to Tokyo ranking points(29-7-19)

Singles: 

Estimate point required (56)- 900

Prajnesh- 30(6)

Doubles: 

Estimate point required (35)- 2400

Divij- 315(5)

Bopanna-285(4)

Paes- 210(6)

So is there any realistic chance of someone qualifying in Tennis

5 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Maybe we have to see

Prajnesh isn't in qualification place right now.

Bopanna- Divij might sneak in if qualification ended today.

It is hard to keep track of tennis qualification. Apart from ranking, there are a number of additional complications like minimum number of Davis Cup ties, maximum number of players from a country plus many players skip the Olympics as well. Due to all this, in Rio, 101 was the cut-off for Men's Singles (not taking into account ITF or tripartite places). 

So, I think anyone in top 70 ranking is safe. Between 70-100 has a chance depending upon others. Prajnesh is at present on 90, so its 50-50 for him. 

Bopanna-Divij are ranked 45 and 49 at present. It would be tough for them to qualify with these rankings. I think they need to improve their combined rankings by 20 points atleast in order to be sure of qualification.