website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

hckošice

Really sad to see how weak slalom has gotten. I just looked at the results of the 2014 Olympics and back then you still had 10 medal contenders (Shiffrin, Holdener, Zettel, Kirchgasser, Schild, Höfl-Riesch, Maze, Hansdotter, Poutiainen, Pietilä-Holmner). Will be really interesting to see if a) Shiffrin can bounce back for the Olympics b) Austria will keep their massive material advantage.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

If Liensberger didn't lose 0,6 in the last 15 second split in the 1st run of GS she'd have three gold medals :p

Yeah ... and if my grandma would have wheels, she would be a bicycle ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Check the splits before talking nonsense :coffee:

1) I didn’t talk nonsense

2) What do the splits matter? If you think like that you can make up a gazillion reasons for why person X should/could have won. No one knows who would have won if everyone would have had a perfect run and I very much doubt that you can judge who was the most likely to win that day. Maybe Liensberger made that mistake because she took more risks/maybe the other racers didn’t make a mistake because they took less risks? 

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) I didn’t talk nonsense

2) What do the splits matter? If you think like that you can make up a gazillion reasons for why person X should/could have won. No one knows who would have won if everyone would have had a perfect run and I very much doubt that you can judge who was the most likely to win that day. Maybe Liensberger made that mistake because she took more risks/maybe the other racers didn’t make a mistake because they took less risks? 

Because alpine skiing is a sport measured by time. Even Atomic speciallists told Maryna Gasienica-Daniel how much time she lost with her error in the GS. I can imagine Liensberger has even a bigger report.

So yeah, keep talking nonsense and pretend you know more about alpine skiing than Atomic engineers :roflmao: