website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

Let me guess, Russia will win gold, China silver and Ukraine bronze (Japan might sneak in there!) for both the duet and team. 

This shouldn't be an Olympic event, not because it's not a sport but because the medals are decided before anyone hits the water.  

And after the first round it's....SUSPENSE!

Russia, China, Ukraine with Japan in 4th.  

:yikes::yikes::yikes::sleep::sleep::sleep:

56 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Italy was clearly robbed in favor of Canada, imo. 

It literally doesn't matter.  The placings were decided months, years, ago.  Just like every other Olympics in the last 20 years.  Like I said, this shouldn't be an Olympic event unless they start judging it based on the performance on the day.  

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

What surprise, people that doesn't know rules and what is behind the routine that laughs :coffee:

I actually do, but I haven't watched in years since it's been decided in advance.  There is no movement on any podium.  It really doesn't matter.  I'll tune back in when performance on the day starts to matter.  

5 hours ago, orangeman said:

Let me guess, Russia will win gold, China silver and Ukraine bronze (Japan might sneak in there!) for both the duet and team. 

This shouldn't be an Olympic event, not because it's not a sport but because the medals are decided before anyone hits the water.  

So true.  I used to like this sport a lot, but not anymore.  Too biased.

On 02/08/2021 at 01:44, Makedonas said:

^After two negative tests, Evangelia Platanioti has just arrived in Tokyo yesterday and will be competing in the duet event :clap:

Now three other team members have tested positive. Greece withdrawn from all artistic swimming events. I am heartbroken for our girls. I don't know if some of them will ever get the chance to make it to the Olympics again. 6 of our 9 girls are teenagers (and two of the other three competed at previous Games), but I don't know if we can qualify for the team again...we barely qualified this time and that was with Japan getting the host spot...

19 minutes ago, hckošice said:
Women's Duet
Final Results

:ROC ROC

Svetlana Kolesnichenko

Svetlana Romashina

:CHN China

Huang Xuechen

Sun Wenyan

:UKR Ukraine

Marta Fiedina

Anastasiya Savchuk