website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

It started shortly after my post, and finished 50 minutes ago or so :p 

It's the Fast Nine Shootout, that's what it's called. The last part of qualifying, deciding the first three starting rows.

It's weird they do not list them in the schedule anyway :d

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

It's weird they do not list them in the schedule anyway :d

It's not, since it isn't a race, but qualifying, and that schedule just shows the races.

zfhpWkA.png

That's the one. Race info, sessions:

bN6KcvV.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A little over 15 minutes to go before the green flag drops at the Indy 500 :woohoo:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I just have to say that the windows on the driver cockpits in Indycar are even more ugly than the bridges only F1 cockpits. 

I strongly disagree :p 

At least the aeroscreen isn't really blocking any view and it looks way more like a part of the car than the Halo thingy. Maybe I've just gotten used to it by now, I still prefer the cars without any of them, but I do think it looks better than the F1/2/3 solutions.

23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

And we have our first fire of the race. :d

And the second one a little later, Marcus Ericsson hard into the wall with some flames at the back :p 

He got out alright, luckily.