website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

End of an era. I began watching during the Audi v. Peugeot days.

End of a rather mediocre era by now. Audi winning year after year after year after year after year and now Toyota basically being as dominant, meh. Hopefully the new top class will help.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

End of a rather mediocre era by now. Audi winning year after year after year after year after year and now Toyota basically being as dominant, meh. Hopefully the new top class will help.

Those few years of Audi v. Toyota v. Porsche were awesome, but yeah, I hope the new class of cars creates a more competitive race.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So far the Toyota's are half a lap apart, the Rebellions are a lap behind and the ByKolles is already 10 laps behind. Jackie Chan DC and G-Drive in the lead lap in the LMP2, two AF Corse Ferrari's and an Aston Martin within 15 seconds in the lead in the GTE Pro.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So far the Toyota's are half a lap apart, the Rebellions are a lap behind and the ByKolles is already 10 laps behind. Jackie Chan DC and G-Drive in the lead lap in the LMP2, two AF Corse Ferrari's and an Aston Martin within 15 seconds in the lead in the GTE Pro.

Not sure who the worst LMP1 team of the era is, but Nissan/Bykolles/JOTA all make great candidates. I think Rebellion deserves a lot of respect for what they’ve been able to do.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not sure who the worst LMP1 team of the era is, but Nissan/Bykolles/JOTA all make great candidates. I think Rebellion deserves a lot of respect for what they’ve been able to do.

I don't think JOTA deserves that title. They were not great, but in LMP2 they definitely showed to be a strong team with a good number of podium finishes and the lead at this very moment. They nearly won the overall thing while driving an LMP2 car a few years ago :d 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think JOTA deserves that title. They were not great, but in LMP2 they definitely showed to be a strong team with a good number of podium finishes and the lead at this very moment. They nearly won the overall thing while driving an LMP2 car a few years ago :d 

Bykolles definitely hasn’t found the same success as Rebellion, and they’ve had a few seasons to at this point. They’ve just never really had the pace. I’m was always glad to see people make an attempt at a solid LMP1 entry, but it’s just too hard to compete against the main manufacturers (unless you’re Rebellion for some reason).

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Bykolles definitely hasn’t found the same success as Rebellion, and they’ve had a few seasons to at this point. They’ve just never really had the pace. I’m was always glad to see people make an attempt at a solid LMP1 entry, but it’s just too hard to compete against the main manufacturers (unless you’re Rebellion for some reason).

Pescarolo gave them a bit of a fight sometimes. You know, a bit. Not much, but a bit. They were at least not struggling to stay in the top-20 of the second-tier class :p 

That's it for ByKolles.

Or not, Spengler wants to get back in the car :d 

His rear wing suddenly broke off and he went off into the gravel, but the crash itself luckily wasn't that hard.

Wow, the #37 is standing in the dark and driver Gabriel Aubry is out. There goes the LMP2 leader :bye: