website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

Back with the "biathlon news" and men's sprint already starts off very interesting with Dominik Landertinger back in the world cup for his first WC race for Austria. Although Eder is missing as well as Grossegger, who is most likely replaced by Mesotitch.

Chepelin and Bocharnikov back for Belarus, starting 4, unlike only three in Annecy.

As @stefanbg already mentioned, Anev is missing from tomorrow's race.

Canada starts Campbell instead of Smith.

Estonia brings back Lessing.

France missing Simon Fourcade and brings in Jacquellin.

Germany is missing Erik Lesser and Nawrath, bringing in only Rees and starting with 5

Italy is moving up from 4 to 5 starters adding Montello.

Kazakhstan bringing back their men's A team.

Korea changes one starter, whilst Latvia is missing Rastorgujevs.

SVENDSEN IS BACK!!! for Norway and Bjoerndalen is starting too, so Gjesbakk and Bjoentegaard are let go.

One switch for Poland, as well as Russia bringing back Volkov, whilst dropping Garanichev.

Switzerland goes up from 4 to 5 starters, adding Tambornino and Jaeger, Dolder missing.

Otcenas and Kazar going back home to participate in the local IBU cup.

Whole Ukraine's A Team is back and ready to start tomorrow.

And seems that Team USA is really having some struggles (perhaps it's financial ones?) as they've only sent two men for tomorrows race (they've only sent two women as well) and it's Burke and Doherty, dropping Bailley, Nordgren and Schrommer, so it's fair to assume there'll be no relays on Sunday for Team USA.

Hello ! I have been reading you for a long time now and I somehow managed to create an account. My first message will be on this very topic because ... biathlon.

Actually I've got some news to back your message @Werloc 

In the french team Simon Fourcade has been replaced by Jacquelin and will take part in IBU Cup this week-end, his results have been very poor in the last stages while the boys in IBU Cup have really been consistent (particularly Jacquelin and Guigonnat). From what I know the rule is that a podium in IBU Cup ensures a spot in the next WC, in return the least in WC goes back to IBU Cup. He must perform in Brezno otherwise it will be unlikely to see him in the olympic squad.

For Team USA the upcoming competitions will serve as trials, Bailey, Burke and Doherty have already qualified thanks to their results so far, as well as Dunklee and Egan on the women side. The rest of the team will compete in Slovakia in order to take the last spots available.

3 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Hello ! I have been reading you for a long time now and I somehow managed to create an account. My first message will be on this very topic because ... biathlon.

Actually I've got some news to back your message @Werloc 

In the french team Simon Fourcade has been replaced by Jacquelin and will take part in IBU Cup this week-end, his results have been very poor in the last stages while the boys in IBU Cup have really been consistent (particularly Jacquelin and Guigonnat). From what I know the rule is that a podium in IBU Cup ensures a spot in the next WC, in return the least in WC goes back to IBU Cup. He must perform in Brezno otherwise it will be unlikely to see him in the olympic squad.

For Team USA the upcoming competitions will serve as trials, Bailey, Burke and Doherty have already qualified thanks to their results so far, as well as Dunklee and Egan on the women side. The rest of the team will compete in Slovakia in order to take the last spots available.

Thanks, that's very interesting. I was following some of Simon's results and had a feeling that he might get relegated from World Cup, but that must be a detrimental blow to his confidence yet again.

As for Team USA, women's nation cup score looks very worrying for them, especially since they'll be losing a handful of points to their competition after the relay as well, they might lose 1-2 starting quota's for next season if they focus on the Olympics too much.

And finally, welcome to the forum, always nice to see the biathlon family growing here.

il y a 10 minutes, Werloc a déclaré:

Thanks, that's very interesting. I was following some of Simon's results and had a feeling that he might get relegated from World Cup, but that must be a detrimental blow to his confidence yet again.

As for Team USA, women's nation cup score looks very worrying for them, especially since they'll be losing a handful of points to their competition after the relay as well, they might lose 1-2 starting quota's for next season if they focus on the Olympics too much.

And finally, welcome to the forum, always nice to see the biathlon family growing here.

Actually I "feared" he would be protected just because he's Martin's brother but the staff has been impartial in this case ... JG Beatrix is also on the edge so it will be interesting to see how he manage to get through "The Jacquelin Menace"

For the USA i reckon the Olympics are always something else ... even if Lowell Bailey maybe made his blow one year too early :p

Thank you for your welcome ... though I expected nothing less :d

Edited by SalamAkhi

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Nate River:

I’m holding you to that.

Please, let me be more precise:

I will not watch biathlon again (of course you cant control that anyway) + not write about biathlon on this forum again if this person wins a medal at the olympics, even if she retires.

There is only one thing that would change my mind: If she gets caught and stripped off her medals, i will follow biathlon again.

She has stolen enough medals already and i know that my behavior won't change anything, but unlike most other people i haven't become completely insensitive to injustice. Considering that millions of african people are dying every year of hunger, while most people have nothing better to do than crying about which new computer/smartphone to buy, i am aware that i am completely lost here. People don't have principles anymore, they just want to fit in, because it's the easy way.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Last warning.

One more post with unfounded accusation (meaning without any single proof) and I will immediately delete the post. I had a lot of patience until now, peoples may have their opinions, also peoples do not have to love the athlete, and can think whatever they want I´m okay with that, but this is starting to be a bit too much over the line.

As far as I know all medalists samples from Vancouver and Sochi were tested and retested, including Kuzmina´s samples, the result was always negative, so she did not steal anything. point.

https://www.eurosport.fr/biathlon/pour-simon-fourcade-sa-retrogradation-en-coupe-d-europe-n-est-pas-justifiee_sto6463132/story.shtml in french

He says that he doesn't understand why he has been sent back to IBU Cup since he was not last in the rankings (Beatrix was) and get it as a lack of confidence from the staff (he didn't get explanations).

In my opinion the program of this stage is favorable, he has two clear shots with two different sprints ... if he cannot reach at least one podium then he doesn't deserve to be in the WC squad QED

Well, Simon Fourcade in the IBU Cup....that just really sounds like the beginning of the end. Too bad they didn't do that earlier, it would have been nice to see him in Obertilliach :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, Simon Fourcade in the IBU Cup....that just really sounds like the beginning of the end. Too bad they didn't do that earlier, it would have been nice to see him in Obertilliach :p 

I heard that team Belgium is recruiting anyone who finds the qualification to World Cup teams fairly difficult :whistle: