website statistics

Volleyball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

How fortunate I was this morning that I had to leave during the middle of the third set with an empty heart and the certitude of a victory against Poland. If I had to watch it, I probably would have gone nuts :d

Anyway, four points after two games is not so terrible. Congrats to Poland and see you in two month ;) Fortunatly, the french team  will learn something after this game: It ain't over 'til it's over.

Well...Our team is tired. I could see that already looking at Resovia Rzeszow's players at Champions League F4. The league season has been to  long... To think they actually want to make our league even bigger and consisting of 16 teams... Nevertheless, congrats! Today's win was huge also because of it we have now even bigger chances for qualifying

But Canada - i am simultanuesly impressed and dissapointed.I am impresed cause they put a heck of a fight again  versus a really talented and in theory better team. However I am also disappointed, cause they wasted  the 2-0 lead away... Well, I think it just supports what I was thinking since a few years ago: Canada has the possibilty to in a few years be amongst the world's elite. However I THINK those players need a bit psychological help. Every year they make some impressive progress, but when it comes to decisive matches/situations something doesn't seem right there.  Well, the next matches they will play against theoretically weaker opponents (except for France of course) so i still hope they'll be able to take a qualifying place.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

3 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Well...Our team is tired. I could see that already looking at Resovia Rzeszow's players at Champions League F4. The league season has been to  long... To think they actually want to make our league even bigger and consisting of 16 teams... Nevertheless, congrats! Today's win was huge also because of it we have now even bigger chances for qualifying

But Canada - i am simultanuesly impressed and dissapointed.I am impresed cause they put a heck of a fight again  versus a really talented and in theory better team. However I am also disappointed, cause they wasted  the 2-0 lead away... Well, I think it just supports what I was thinking since a few years ago: Canada has the possibilty to in a few years be amongst the world's elite. However I THINK those players need a bit psychological help. Every year they make some impressive progress, but when it comes to decisive matches/situations something doesn't seem right there.  Well, the next matches they will play against theoretically weaker opponents (except for France of course) so i still hope they'll be able to take a qualifying place.

This is a common theme among Canadian athletes.