website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sizes

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

news ? an official list? for the following countries?

:ARG - :CHN - :GER - :GRE - :NED -:USA - :KOR - :NZL - :MEX - :NOR - :IRL

I've been trying to get the figures for NZ. I think they will have "211" athletes but they are still releasing details of their selections so it maybe a day or two before we have the info you need.

11 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

We have 83 (including an alternate for water polo and artistic swimming) but no official announcement has been made yet as far as I know. We are waiting until 14 July I think. Apparently we might get another quota in gymnastics from reallocation. At least this is what I heard, so we are waiting to see and we will know by 14 July.

45 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

There's nothing official yet for :IRL. I will post here as soon as it is announced. However, we have 116 qualified quotas (without reserves) but there has already been 1 withdrawal in men's marathon so it's probably 115. But here is my own tracker of official qualifiers:

@Benolympique Our federation has been announcing the team sport by sport. And at the end of the announcement of the athletics team by the Olympic Federation of Ireland (see here), they said we have 114 athletes with only the judo announcement to come. And we qualified 2 athletes in judo so that matches what we have in our tracker. 116 athletes. But it was announced yesterday that Stephen Scullion won't go to Tokyo in men's marathon due to mental health issues. So you can take 115 for now if you want and I will post here if it changes :yes

16 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

There's nothing official yet for :IRL. I will post here as soon as it is announced. However, we have 116 qualified quotas (without reserves) but there has already been 1 withdrawal in men's marathon so it's probably 115. But here is my own tracker of official qualifiers:

Sad story from yours marathon athlete.  https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1234309/

5 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Sad story from yours marathon athlete.  https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1234309/

Yes very sad to hear of his struggles, I hope he can get better soon and gets the help and support he needs. The Olympics is not the most important thing in life when all is said and done, it's important to be happy and I hope he can find his way.

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Yes very sad to hear of his struggles, I hope he can get better soon and gets the help and support he needs. The Olympics is not the most important thing in life when all is said and done, it's important to be happy and I hope he can find his way.

I can't agree more! Good luck for him! 

USA 615+15 reserves

Archery 6

Artistic swimming 2

Badminton 4

Baseball 24

Basketball 28

Beach volleyball 8

Boxing 10

Canoe 4

Cycling 27

Diving 11

Equestrian 9+1

Fencing 18+6

Golf 8

Gymnastics 20

Judo 4

Karate 4

Modern pentathlon 2

Rowing 37

Rugby 24+2

Sailing 13

Shooting 20

Skateboarding 12

Soccer 18+4

Softball 15

Sport climbing 4

Surfing 4

Swimming 53

Table tennis 6

Taekwondo 2

Tennis 12

Track&Field 130

Triathlon 5

Volleyball 24

Water polo 24+2

Weightlifting 8

Wrestling 15

Official team tracker at nbcolympictalk.