website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sizes

:HUN  -1 Canoe Slalom

After the Hungarian Olympic Committee announced that our delegation members have to vaccinate themselves, Julia Schmid (women's C1) decided to withdraw from Tokyo2020 instead of taking the vaccine. Maybe @hckošice can tell us which nation will get the quota. 

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

After the Hungarian Olympic Committee announced that our delegation members have to vaccinate themselves, Julia Schmid (women's C1) decided to withdraw from Tokyo2020 instead of taking the vaccine. Maybe @hckošice can tell us which nation will get the quota. 

Should be Russia. but I am afraid it is too late and Alsu Minazova who qualified in K1 is quite good also in C1 and she is already going to compete in both events as double starter, so no need to send anybody else.

but what ? I thought she is already in Tokyo and training at the venue ?

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Should be Russia. but I am afraid it is too late and Alsu Minazova who qualified in K1 is quite good also in C1 and she is already going to compete in both events as double starter, so no need to send anybody else.

but what ? I thought she is already in Tokyo and training at the venue ?

She was the first Hungarian athlete to arrive in Tokyo. The Hungarian Olympic Committee made their decision to make the vaccine mandatory for everyone after she already started training there. I guess HOC told her that there isn't a third option, she either takes the vaccine or goes home, and choose the latter. 

oh wait, just made a quick look and it is wrong. :UKR was one place ahead of :RUS so Dobrotvorska should have the quota in W C1,

but again Viktoriia Us is expected to start in both C1 & K1 events so probably UKR will not call her. also I am afraid it is too late in this sport, without any touch and practice with the water conditions it is a nonsense to compete if you have at least some ambitions

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

She was the first Hungarian athlete to arrive in Tokyo. The Hungarian Olympic Committee made their decision to make the vaccine mandatory for everyone after she already started training there. I guess HOC told her that there isn't a third option, she either takes the vaccine or goes home, and choose the latter. 

This is really unbelievable to throw such way a one lifetime olympic experience because of vaccination fear. Or is it just because she does not have where to vaccine now ?

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

oh wait, just made a quick look and it is wrong. :UKR was one place ahead of :RUS so Dobrotvorska should have the quota in W C1,

but again Viktoriia Us is expected to start in both C1 & K1 events so probably UKR will not call her. also I am afraid it is too late in this sport, without any touch and practice with the water conditions it is a nonsense to compete if you have at least some ambitions

So what happens if they can't reallocate? Technically we keep the quota and Schmid will be a DNS? 

18 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Is it for country not name, right? So :HUN can option to send another athlete.

I am not sure if they have, but they are :SVK neighbours so maybe :SVK will lend you some od them :-D

23 minutes ago, hckošice said:

This is really unbelievable to throw such way a one lifetime olympic experience because of vaccination fear. Or is it just because she does not have where to vaccine now ?

HOC didn't give a clear reason but I doubt that she didn't have the opportunity to vaccinate. And the funniest thing about this is that she's the one Hungarian athlete in the team from a Western country, you would think that something like this would be more likely to happen with our Russian wrestlers, not with an Austrian slalom canoeist.