website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2017

Federer91

great day of Wrestling...I've never been a fan of the super-heavyweights, but yesterday it was the weight class that offered the most exciting bouts throughout the entire day...and it ended with a final match absolutely amazing...

by the way, decisions about the future have been taken...

these are the new weight classes for seniors, sub-23 and juniors:

To Be Noticed: in Bold the Olympic Classes

Men's Freestyle

-57kg

-61kg

-65kg

-70kg

-74kg

-79kg

-86kg

-92kg

-97kg

125kg

Women's Wrestling

-50kg

-53kg

-55kg

-57kg

-59kg

-62kg

-65kg

-68kg

-72kg

-76kg

Greco-Roman Wrestling

-55kg

-60kg

-63kg

-67kg

-72kg

-77kg

-82kg

-87kg

97kg

130kg

Moreover, it's confirmed that from the next season all major tournaments will be contested over 2 days :evil:

It is not realistic what Russian wrestlers doing on this championship :lol: they are stupid or what. lol yes, they are. This guy in -65kg had great match and he lost in very last s. Same for guy in -70kg.

pity for Cuba really.

Edited by dareza

1 hour ago, dareza said:

It is not realistic what Russian wrestlers doing on this championship :lol: they are stupid or what. lol yes, they are. This guy in -65kg had great match and he lost in very last s. Same for guy in -70kg.

pity for Cuba really.

Actually that was pure justice, Refs brought Gogaev to that semifinal, his opponents in 1/8 final and QF got robbed, and even the Goergian got robbed of one point earlier.

oofff. this is probably the worst day in Iranian wrestling history, 4 wrestlers and not even one into the medal round ! this time we didn't even lost to "good wrestlers". obviously ther is somehing wrong, we were also very bad in worlds junior freestyle, the rest of the world scouted our wrestlers very well and easily neutralized our strong underhook/pushing attack.

imagine if we didn't have a genius like Yazdani !? that would be only 2nd time in history with no medal for Iran ! we will know the complete team ranking later but I think Iran will be outside of top 10 for the 2nd time in history ! wow. I knew we are not that good this time but nobody expected them to be this bad ! our only wins today were against likes of Romania, Qatar and France !!! (and actually France beat one of our wrestlers) !

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Actually that was pure justice, Refs brought Gogaev to that semifinal, his opponents in 1/8 final and QF got robbed, and even the Goergian got robbed of one point earlier.

oofff. this is probably the worst day in Iranian wrestling history, 4 wrestlers and not even one into the medal round ! this time we didn't even lost to "good wrestlers". obviously ther is somehing wrong, we were also very bad in worlds junior freestyle, the rest of the world scouted our wrestlers very well and easily neutralized our strong underhook/pushing attack.

imagine if we didn't have a genius like Yazdani !? that would be only 2nd time in history with no medal for Iran ! we will know the complete team ranking later but I think Iran will be outside of top 10 for the 2nd time in history ! wow. I knew we are not that good this time but nobody expected them to be this bad ! our only wins today were against likes of Romania, Qatar and France !!! (and actually France beat one of our wrestlers) !

:facepalm: really bad. first taekwondo, now this. I hope that Iran will be good in weightlifting.

Edited by dareza

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

:facepalm: really bad. first taekwondo, now this. I hope that Iran will be good in weightlifting.

I'm not worried much about Taekwondo, they will find their way to the top, Iran has depth in that sport. even our Greco team was fine here , freestyle was complete disaster. even the junior team was disaster, this is not just co-incident, WL is more predictable, while we don't even have a coach, stll we have our Olympic champions. 3-4 medals probably.