website statistics

Weightlifting 2016 Discussion Thread

PetrC.

I seem to be seeing in wikipedia some results coming for the womens 48 kg but I am not able to get anything on the IWF site ???....any place where you can see this 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

38 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I seem to be seeing in wikipedia some results coming for the womens 48 kg but I am not able to get anything on the IWF site ???....any place where you can see this 

http://www.iwf.net/results/results-by-events/?event=353

#banbestmen

On 4/16/2016 at 4:47 AM, Benolympique said:

-75kg Gaëlle Nayo-Ketchanke  QUALIFIED :FRA

Gaëlle Nayo-Ketchanke will represent France at the Olympic Games in Rio, she was selected by the French federation -75 Kg weightlifting

Do you know how was she selected?

On 4/16/2016 at 0:57 AM, Bearas said:

Men's Individual Qualification standings after European Championships

• 3rd :LTU -94kg
  • 4th :PHI -56kg
  • 5th :LAT -105kg
  • 6th :EST +105kg
  • 6th :TKM -62kg (likely to qualify via Asian championships)
  • 10th :ALB -69kg

----

• 10th :KSA -56kg(likely to qualify via Asian championships)
  • 11th :IRQ -69kg(likely to qualify via Asian championships)
  • 14th :DOM -56kg

Bearas, you forgot to add Tunisia in the list. That's what I edited last night on Wiki.

4 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Do you know how was she selected?

Then it was the turn of Gaëlle who had a personal goal to achieve the 242 kg to allow him to obtain the famous 10th place ranking in the global list (one athlete per nation) and qualify already for OJ.

Somewhat paralyzed by the challenge, Gaëlle was freed still on set and realized a faultless with 3 successful tests on 3 and respected our strategy with 102, 107 and 110. This performance also gave him the silver medal behind Ukraine's 115.

At Gaëlle warm showed us she was tough and it is without hesitation that we finally started at 132 kg which ensured his qualification to the Olympics and the silver medals of the cast and the total.

Then we wanted to go for the Ukraine for the title but with his bar made 135 kg, it forced us to take 140 kg to redo the delay in the snatch and she had the advantage of body weight. It was a unanimous choice tactics and knew Gaëlle able to carry that load. Unfortunately, perhaps somewhat decentralized reached by its objective, it failed twice in the clean. Finally, she won three silver medals behind the Ukrainian who made 6 of 6 bar and beat his record with 250 kg.

therefore contract completed for our women's team gets because our quota and only managed Gaëlle minimum individual selection and represent us to the next Olympic Games in Rio

India second in the womens weightlifting  olympic qualification standings after one event ...................... What is more important is that both sanjita chanu and mirakhom improved on their world championship weights ..... mirakhom 183 kgs  -> 190 kgs ............. awesome performance:clap: ............. This is  close to world championship medal weights ( the world championship no 4 lifted 191 kgs and the silver medalist lifted 194  ) .......................  I am dreaming of an olympic medal  in womens weightlifting once again... ....  This team is being coached by Kunjarani indias greatest weightlifter  and the results are showing............. just 3-4  more Kgs and mirakhom could win a medal at the olympics ,:clap: :clap:............

Depressed by the  Indian men's weightlifting .... Jamjang deru had lifted 244 in mens weightlifting in 56 in the world championship ....now we seem to have some mahajan who has lifted 235 in the asian qualification ... a huge drop of 9 kgs .... I do not know what they are doing in mens we seem to be on a slow reverse ...... I feel we may not qualify we are now 7th after 56 which is indias pet event in mens 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Day2 ................India at the Olympic weightlifting qualification .......................

A poor performance by the Men's Team continues ...................  Indian Gopal Anbarasu finishes 12th ..... we are now positioned 8th after two weight categories ...unless we have an unlikely hero in the heavier weight categories maybe Satish Sivalingam ............... we may be without a men's quota .............

Women's team did not have a weight lifter in this categories  today ....was a little surprised as I expected Matsa Santoshi  to be present in the 53 kg women ( and  would be part of the Indian 4 women numbers )  along with the Punam Yadav in the 63 kg category ..................... let us see who would be the 4th then for India .................. some new weightlifters so hoping for good things from them in the women ...... Vietnam going strong but I expect India to come first or second amongst the qualifiers and definitely qualify and will definitely send Mirakhom who may then be a medal prospect in the 48 kg category at Rio 

Edited by nitinsanker

Mens qualification ..... Malaysia , Iraq and japan I feel will be at 1-3  ...... so it will be  :SRI :TKM :IND   :KSA  :KGZ :PHI to fight it out for the next 4 places  ....it is neck to neck right now ...today India  Inched from a poor position to a better position ........................so good job SAMBO ............... 

Looks like United Arab Emirates could repeat their infamous quota in women's weightlifting from London 2012! :facepalm:

They have again entered two women in +75 whose entries are barely over 100kg. But, due to the lack of entries in that weight even last and second to last position could bring them the quota. Such a disgrace.

Back in 2012 they qualified in the same way. Their weightlifter at the Olympics competed in -75kg division and lifted a "grand" total of 113kg. To put that into perspective, last placed athlete in women's -48 (from Madagascar) lifted 22 kilos more...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

Looks like United Arab Emirates could repeat their infamous quota in women's weightlifting from London 2012! :facepalm:

They have again entered two women in +75 whose entries are barely over 100kg. But, due to the lack of entries in that weight even last and second to last position could bring them the quota. Such a disgrace.

Back in 2012 they qualified in the same way. Their weightlifter at the Olympics competed in -75kg division and lifted a "grand" total of 113kg. To put that into perspective, last placed athlete in women's -48 (from Madagascar) lifted 22 kilos more...

I noticed it as well..

To be fair, it's only a matter of UAE being smart and the other nations being, well, stupid. UAE are very careful in reading the rules, and we can only blame the other nations for not doing so. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!