Slalom World Cup winner 2013

Olympic champion 2014

Slalom World Cup winner 2014

World champion 2015

Slalom World Cup winner 2015

World champion 2017

Leading the overall and slalom World Cup 2017

Turns 22 (!) in a few weeks :lol::bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

FIS ALPINE SKIING

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

v2H+QX54IegN0OnrB8mrR+Prge6PtUDXQ90faoHu

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women's Slalom
Final Results

USA.gif SHIFFRIN Mikaela
1:37.2747.80+49.47

SUI.gif HOLDENER Wendy
1:38.9148.18+50.73

SWE.gif HANSDOTTER Frida
1:39.0248.57+50.43

Golden three-peat in slalom for Shiffrin

2Q==

American Mikaela Shiffrin won the FIS Alpine World Ski Championship slalom gold medal for the third straight time after earning an astonishing 1.64-second victory ahead of Swiss sensation Wendy Holdener. Sweden’s Frida Hansdotter took home the bronze medal 0.11 seconds behind Holdener.

It was Shiffrin’s second medal of these championships here in St. Moritz and the fourth total of her career. She also took the slalom gold in Schladming 2013 and in Vail/Beaver Creek 2015. She was absolutely unstoppable on the second run as she built her lead to more than a second by the third interval, and continued to cruise from there.

"I didn't see my time until I got all the way through and I knew I had a good run, but I didn't know it was that good until I saw the time," said Shiffrin. "Three medals is great, but today is really special today for me because I finally skied this the way I wanted to and that's what means a lot to me today."

Holdener was the hero for the Swiss fans, earning the silver medal, her second of these World Championships after she took gold in the alpine combined last week.

“I made a few small mistakes in the second run, so when I heard the speaker say I had the lead I was surprised,” said Holdener. “There was no beating Mikaela today, so I’m really happy with the silver medal and these entire World Championships.”

Hansdotter now has three medals in the last three World Championship appearances, with one silver and two bronzes.

"It means a lot to me today. I had a lot of pressure so it feels nice to have the medal," said Hansdotter "I've been skiing well the last few years and to get a medal at the last three World Championships is great."

Shiffrin led the field after the first run 0.38 seconds ahead of Holdener and 0.59 seconds ahead of Slovakia’s Veronika Velez-Zuzulova. Velez-Zuzulova straddled a gate, ending her hopes for her first individual gold, but she still goes home with a silver medal from the nations team event.

After Lara Gut’s season-ending knee injury last week, today’s World Championship gold medal is likely not the only major title the American will win as she has a clear command in the race for the Overall World Cup title.

Tomorrow the 2017 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships will come to a close with the 11th medal event, the men’s slalom. The first run is at 9:45 CET and the second run will kick off at 13:00.

Full Results Here

Mikaela Shiffrin

Slalom World Champion 2017

1st and 2nd Run

Race Replay

1st Run

2nd Run