website statistics

Judo 2021 Discussion Thread

phelps

4 hours ago, Illya said:

Interesting thing : in which weight will compete our star Daria Bilodid? There are no information , but I think , it would be 52, because she already have ranking points in this category

In my opinion, she too tall to stay in the 48kg, is parfect fit for 57kg not for 48kg/52kg

5 hours ago, intoronto said:

Does this mean cbp is done?

Like I said last week, it's gonna take a year at a time In my opinion, Deguchi will retire ... Here is an interview from 2020 (It's in French sorry), she says a hint that she is closer to retirement than doing another Olympiad.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:31 AM, seb851 said:

Judo Canada can reduce the period. Except it's not to Deguchi's advantage to represent Japan. She has no less chance to go to the Olympics.

For weight change, Klimkait already announced that she doesn't want to change weight category to go to Olympics, she wants to stay in 57kg

And with the next WRL update, Deguchi will probably drop out of the top 10. Klimkait will stay #1 in 57kg.

Personally, I'm still not a fan of Nicola Gill's decision to bring Deguchi to represent Canada and compete directly with Klimkait. I know that many have criticized Judo Canada's choice of how to decide between Klimkait and Deguchi for Tokyo 2020

The rules were fair to everyone, and the choice of Klimkait is logical. Klimkait was the better of the two, in 2020-21. 

I can confirm that Gill is lying publicly, saying that his team did not force Jessica to move up to the 63kg category, this is bullshit...

essica lost the support of Judo Canada in 2017-18, with the loss of her SR1/2 status for Sport Canada cards... 

IMO ... the impact of Klimkait's bronze medal have more impact for next girls canadian's judoka  vs any Deguchi's medal ( incluse any olympics gold medal...).  Klimkait is 100% Canadian unlike Deguchi's nothing canadian.

16 hours ago, canadamion said:

I can confirm that Gill is lying publicly, saying that his team did not force Jessica to move up to the 63kg category, this is bullshit...

essica lost the support of Judo Canada in 2017-18, with the loss of her SR1/2 status for Sport Canada cards... 

IMO ... the impact of Klimkait's bronze medal have more impact for next girls canadian's judoka  vs any Deguchi's medal ( incluse any olympics gold medal...).  Klimkait is 100% Canadian unlike Deguchi's nothing canadian.

I agree with you. I don't like the Deguchi fans, who think that Judo Canada had a preference for Klimkait, but is not case, the selection policy based on best result frim 2021 World Championships is only fair solution ...

If look at the results from 2019/2020/2021

Klimkait was on the podium in 13 of 15 competitions (3 podium in master)

Duguichi was on the podium in 8 of 11 competitions (0 podium in master)

Both had similar result ..

I would like to give my opinion on this message from the world championship:

On 6/9/2021 at 4:58 AM, phelps said:

it might not be so easy...

I mean, certain athletes have the body structure that helps them to change weight class without too many problems, but others are just built into a single class...

looking at her, Deguchi surely can't even think to go up to 63kg...and I don't think she could either go down at 52kg...

on the other hand, also Klimkait is a bit too short to risk the 63kg swap (where she might be a lot less effective), if she doesn't have any issue with the current weight...

not to mention the mental struggle and consequences a weight class change can have on some people, especially among the women...

it's a very delicate question, especially in Countries where the individuals always have the last word...

Jessica have the perfect height for 63kg, the Canadian federation had even suggested Klimkait to go to 63kg in 2017-2018 but she doesn't want to go 63kg.

Christa Deguchi is the same height as Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard. CBP moved up a category in late 2017, she was in 57kg before

Christa Deguchi is older, and has said she feels "old" ... so moving up to 63kg can "extend" her career until Paris 2024 

Any update about the IJF World Judo Masters 2021 and 2022 that were awarded to the Chinese Judo Federation?

Because Doha is the 2020 Master held January 2021

Alot cancellation several international competitions in china, it is not sure that the next Master will be held in China. 

:ALG Fethi Nourine and his coach Amar Benikhlef previous silver medalist in men's -90 kg AL Beijing 2008 will be banned for 10 years by IJF after Fethi quit playing an Israeli judoka back in Tokyo 2020 per a local newspaper echrouk 

Here's the news on Arabic in Russia Today : https://arabic.rt.com/sport/1270702-عقوبة-قاسية-بحق-المصارع-فتحي-نورين-لرفضه-مواجهة-إسرائيلي/

26 minutes ago, canadamion said:

Start from 1h00,  I don't know if I understood correctly, Klimkait and Deguchi are in the 63kg class for Paris 2024 ???

‎Judo Chop Suey Podcast: Interview with Josh Hagen on Apple Podcasts

No, they say that we will have 3 good girls in two divisions for the 2022 world championship, And Klimkait will have the momentum for the next year on Deguchi on H2H fight.

23 hours ago, thepharoah said:

:ALG Fethi Nourine and his coach Amar Benikhlef previous silver medalist in men's -90 kg AL Beijing 2008 will be banned for 10 years by IJF after Fethi quit playing an Israeli judoka back in Tokyo 2020 per a local newspaper echrouk 

Here's the news on Arabic in Russia Today : https://arabic.rt.com/sport/1270702-عقوبة-قاسية-بحق-المصارع-فتحي-نورين-لرفضه-مواجهة-إسرائيلي/

I’ve read that he will appeal the decision, although he is proudly claiming that the decision of boycotting the Olympic fight against Israel is his decision and based of his values and such, age 30 I doubt that if he stays with this ban he will ever compete again 

Junior Europeans running this week in Luxembourg...

here's the results' recap...

https://live.ijf.org/eju_jun2021/results

on day 1:FRA France dominated the men's side by winning both -60kg and -66kg gold medals, meanwhile :RUS Russia were the most successful among the women, winning both the -48kg and the -52kg classes...

:ISR Israel won the last gold medal of the day in the women's -57kg class...

today, the men's -73kg and -81kg and the women's -63kg and -70kg classes are on stage...

by the way, all the action is live for free on Youtube...