website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 14 (August 9)

Bronze for Katie Vincent/Sloan MacKenzie.

Another bronze, seriously? 11th bronze so far… this is almost as ridiculous as our 4th place total :facepalm:

Edited by Josh

Just now, Surlympics said:

Bronze is great !!

Bronze is fine (not great because I was hoping for silver) but I’m sick of it. We’ve won marginally more bronzes than either golds or silvers in both Tokyo and Beijing, and it’s looking like it’ll happen again. 

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Bronze is fine (not great because I was hoping for silver) but I’m sick of it. We’ve won marginally more bronzes than either golds or silvers in both Tokyo and Beijing, and it’s looking like it’ll happen again. 

Because Canada produces a lot of good athletes but many of them aren't the best in the world at their event. That's why the 3rd and 4th place totals are high. With the law of averages, some of them will medal while some of them won't. Given the choice between the two, I'll gladly take 3rd place.

15 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Because Canada produces a lot of good athletes but many of them aren't the best in the world at their event. That's why the 3rd and 4th place totals are high. With the law of averages, some of them will medal while some of them won't. Given the choice between the two, I'll gladly take 3rd place.

Let me be disappointed :d

That’s fine, we can agree to disagree I guess, I feel like other than few exceptions (like diving) I can’t really see where that’s the case. Particularly in winter sports. 

Edited by Josh