website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 12 (August 7)

This New Balance ad that keeps shows up during the breaks is so annoying :hairpull:

(Then again, all of the ad breaks are annoying, especially when they switch to them during the action)

Edit: Or not… I can’t believe I didn’t see it before, but Brink is in it :wub: 

Edited by Josh

4 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

I was wondering what was happening with our track cycling team. But Mitchell confirmed basically the entire team got sick from the food they were fed 

Wait she said that? I heard a stomach virus went through some of the track team. 

5 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Good news, both Canadians are in the same repechage heat for the sprint. Bad news, only one can move on. 

Aaaaaand they both lose to the French. 

If Canada could stop facing the home team in every single event, that'd be great.

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Aaaaaand they both lose to the French. 

If Canada could stop facing the home team in every single event, that'd be great.

Sprint isn’t judged, it’s by time. No one’s fault but themselves. 

15 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

I was wondering what was happening with our track cycling team. But Mitchell confirmed basically the entire team got sick from the food they were fed 

Gee, I hope the food wasn't laced with performance enhancing drugs that affected the whole team. Otherwise, they'd have to do an internal investigation that will conclude a mysterious actor dropped the dope in the athlete's food and then cleaned up so good afterwards there is absolutely no evidence of this statistical anomaly, and then WADA will sweep it under the rug after getting an unrelated large sum payment. That'd be awful! 

Just now, Josh said:

Sprint isn’t judged, it’s by time. No one’s fault but themselves. 

I didn't mean to imply that it was. I just mean home athletes always have an extra motivation, so it'd be nice to not face them in every event.