website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 7 (August 2)

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

11 medals is great, but 8 fourths is crazy as a proportion. 

Italy has 11 fourths, but 17 medals. GB has 8 fourths, but 27 medals.  

(You can also factor in the fact that Canada mostly has bronze while the other two have a much more even split between medals). 

But yeah, the 3 bronzes today are great! 

But I seriously think the women’s relays will be upgraded to bronze after the fbi investigation is done. There is no way that China keeps those medals after being proven time and time again of doping 

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

11 medals is great, but 8 fourths is crazy as a proportion. 

Italy has 11 fourths, but 17 medals. GB has 8 fourths, but 27 medals.  

(You can also consider the fact that Canada mostly has bronze while the other two have a much more even split between medals). 

But yeah, the 3 bronzes today are great! 

I'm feeling better overall today. 

Maybe we keep finishing 4th because we are expecting. So here i'm saying it - we will have no more 4th place finished :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

That’s okay we got 3 medals today as well that were unexpected so that’s great . Thoughts @JockCartier

Got our buffer back! 

Put's us about 1.2 medals ahead of pace (I assign probabilities rather than pick medals)

7 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Remember in London we only got 12 medals and 2 golds (one didn't come till much later). So 11 with 3 Golds by now is awesome.

Yes and in Beijing 2008 we went eight days without even one medal! I think we got our first in wrestling on Day 8

Edited by Surlympics

4 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Yes and in Beijing 2008 we went eight days without even one medal! I think we got our first in wrestling on Day 8

I remember that clearly - 3 medals came in an hour or so. I kept waking up through the night to check the medal count on TV and I woke up and couldn't tell if i was reading 1 1 1 or 0 0 0 

20 minutes ago, james89 said:

I remember that clearly - 3 medals came in an hour or so. I kept waking up through the night to check the medal count on TV and I woke up and couldn't tell if i was reading 1 1 1 or 0 0 0 

Yes was crazy