website statistics

Team Ireland Daily Diary at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games

Great bit of front foot boxing from Marley. The boxing team needed that. I watched his next opponent in the fight after and he'll have it tough to win a medal, but you never know.

McSharry outstanding again tonight. Before the Olympics started I made a list of what I thought were our 30 or chances of a medal from near certs to ones that would have a chance if everything went their way. I didn't have Mona on it and she could end up winning our first medal.

It's Monday morning of arguably the biggest week in Irish Olympic history. A genuine possibility that we'll be watching event finals or boxing QFs with genuine medal potential every single day this week. Starting with Mona McSharry this evening. By Sunday night we'll be about 90% of the way to knowing our outcome in terms of total medals, even with a full week still to go in the games.

Great day so far for the Team

2 swimmers into Olympic Finals

Lightweight scullers into semi-final

Kellie into medal contest

Liam Jegou into Olympic Final

49er Crew leading regatta after Race 5.

now if only Mona can do it ……

1 minute ago, dodge said:

My prediction is Mona 4th

Smith wins, China second, Lily King 3rd

Mona might get the medal in a few years 

I'd say uou're spot on.

Fantastic performance by Jegou, didn't see it live but looking at the replay its such tight margins, I'm struggling to even see the touch at the last gate, must have barely nicked it with his shoulder? 

Watched the C-1 final "as live", not knowing the outcome. It really was a great effort, he just barely clipped the last gate with his shoulder, you could see it on the replay, it was so slight but it did happen. It was the difference between seventh and silver. So close.

Dickson/Waddilove appear to have been DQ'd from one of their races after a Spanish protest. Still second but that uses up their discard score. Not sure if they can counter-protest or if that's final.