website statistics

[POLL- VOLLEYBALL] Which nations will win the Gold Medals in Men's and Women's Volleyball Tournaments? Road to Paris 2024

[POLL- VOLLEYBALL] Which nations will win the Gold Medals in Men's and Women's Volleyball Tournaments?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which nation will win the Gold Medal in the Men's Volleyball Tournament?

• Brazil
    • France
    • Italy
    • Poland
    • Other
  2. 2. Which nation will win the Gold Medal in the Women's Volleyball Tournament?

• Brazil
    • Italy
    • Serbia
    • Türkiye
    • United States of America
    • Other

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Even with the recent crop of injuries people are still picking :ITA in the women’s tournament :mumble::yikes:

if the starters are fine, injuries won't play any role

and let's be clear...for our girls, it's now or never...this generation has dominated the youth tournaments and now must put the icing on the cake, it's time for our Volleyball to win the first Olympic Gold medal 

and the guys, who are way more in trouble than the girls after Anzani's loss, also have to fill that damn void 

I'm confident that at least 1 gold will come...and the magic double is also not impossible

Tonight I'm on the positive side :d

Tomorrow is another day :cry:

Posted (edited)

:ITA and :ITA :d

time to break the Olympic curse 

I remember the days when Italy dominating the World Champs (and World League) with Velasco and the coach before him but still always failed the tie break against the Netherlands at the Olympics ! :wacko:

actually I just re-watched the 1996 final recently. have to say volleyball looked like a completely different sport back then. 

Edited by MHSN

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

:ITA and :ITA :d

time to break the Olympic curse 

I remember the days when Italy dominating the World Champs (and World League) with Velasco and the coach before him but still always failed the tie break against the Netherlands at the Olympics ! :wacko:

actually I just re-watched the 1996 final recently. have a say volleyball looked like a completely different sport back then. 

In seperate 'elections' throughout the years on TV that was voted as both 'Dutch sports moment of the century' and 'Best match ever' :d 

I was 5, so of course don't remember it, but my parents told me we were on vacation and they got up specifically to watch it because the hype was massive (normally they might watch some Olympic events here and there, but definitely won't wake up or stay home for it) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!