website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Website, Apps and Results System Road to Paris 2024

On 7/17/2024 at 11:21 PM, rafalgorka said:

https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/schedule/24-july

olympics.com schedule site is updated, with all the additional info like event entries, brackets etc.

Maybe it's just my taste, but I prefer more simplistic results systems, which are informative, over overproduced and designed ones. 

If the current official system doesn't change or improve, I might end up trying other sites, like NBColympics, CBC, BBC or another rights holder. Perhaps they will have developed a more user friendly results viewing system.

I'm hoping the IOC and Atos is able to make some changes, because I'd much rather use the official system if at all possible.

I used this app during Tokyo 2020 and it looks like the developer is actively updating it for Paris 2024. It's a great minimalistic app with the schedule and a basic results system. If you just want a quick look at the schedule for a day or discipline, I highly recommend it.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/paris-gold-summer-games-2024/id1599727786

IMG_77EEAF7AD79A.jpg

On 7/21/2024 at 3:29 AM, IUBryan said:

I used this app during Tokyo 2020 and it looks like the developer is actively updating it for Paris 2024. It's a great minimalistic app with the schedule and a basic results system. If you just want a quick look at the schedule for a day or discipline, I highly recommend it.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/paris-gold-summer-games-2024/id1599727786

IMG_77EEAF7AD79A.jpg

This looks great honestly, there's just one big problem: it looks like it's Apple store exclusive, can't find it on my Android phone:(

14 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

This looks great honestly, there's just one big problem: it looks like it's Apple store exclusive, can't find it on my Android phone:(

Could I finally have found an actual use for my work phone, which tragically is an iPhone? :yikes: 

Spoiler

Option B is confiscating my girlfriends tablet for 2,5 weeks, that's also Apple :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Could I finally have found an actual use for my work phone, which tragically is an iPhone? :yikes: 

Hide contents

Option B is confiscating my girlfriends tablet for 2,5 weeks, that's also Apple :p 

I used to have an Apple work phone and an Android personal phone, so happy those days are over.

That reminds me, I do still have a work tablet that's an apple. But scrolling through apps on a tablet while already watching potentially multiple livestreams on tv and laptop and probably also having my phone nearby, might feel a little bit too excessive:old:

4 hours ago, Jinzha said:

There is an app for Android as well and it was on the Play Store but they removed it yesterday. Probably the IOC filed a complaint to use their official app so they had to remove it. The app still exists on other site-stores ( Paris Gold - Summer Games 2024 on APKCombo ) and the latest version is 2.0.6. I don't know if this will affect the development of the app from the developers. I send email to them to give us information about that.

EDIT: Developer said that app will be back online on Google Play Store in 1 or 2 days.

Edited by rema

8 hours ago, Jinzha said:

It looks like others have found out what happened to the app in the Google Play Store. Here is a link I have to share it... don't know if it will work until the app is back visible in store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quadriq.ogwipe