website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 1 (July 27)

44 minutes ago, Josh said:

I saw that too, there were even Instagram stories on Swimming Canada’s page I believe. Although I’m not sure how the women’s 4x100m freestyle relay would be less likely than the 4x100m medley relay, we have 3/4 good legs and if Ruck is in her Doha form or better I’d say we have a decent chance against China. 

FYI, more on this. Oleksiak has mentioned to Devin that she’s in the form of her life, and has been going times in training she’s never gone before so I don’t think she’ll be much of a question mark. MSH and MacNeil are reliable legs, so the fourth leg could be the main problem if Ruck isn’t near her best. 

The only way I see them putting McIntosh in is if they feel like 3 of the girls are on form and the fourth is not. They'd have to believe they've got a fair shot at a medal but need a little more umph. Honestly, I think the Chinese are a bit of a wild card now that they're being tested consistently and (hopefully) fairly. Lots of US girls have busy schedules, too. 

Edited by orangeman

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

The only way I see them putting McIntosh in is if they feel like 3 of the girls are on form and the fourth is not. They'd have to believe they've got a fair shot at a medal but need a little more umph. Honestly, I think the Chinese are a bit of a wild card now that they're being tested consistently and (hopefully) fairly. Lots of US girls have busy schedules, too. 

To be completely fair, none of the US girls have anywhere close to as big of a schedule as McIntosh does. 

Just now, Josh said:

To be completely fair, none of the US girls have anywhere close to as big of a schedule as McIntosh does. 

Yes, but that's not what I meant. I just meant the US team may not perform as strongly as they look on paper because many of their swimmers (particularly Huske and Walsh) have other races, too. Meaning, it's not all in a vacuum and it'll depend on how everyone handles the load and the pressure. 

6 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Yes, but that's not what I meant. I just meant the US team may not perform as strongly as they look on paper because many of their swimmers (particularly Huske and Walsh) have other races, too. Meaning, it's not all in a vacuum and it'll depend on how everyone handles the load and the pressure. 

Good point :)

33 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am not sure when to wake up lol

Any suggestions?

Assuming you are in Toronto :p 5am makes the most sense, both swimming and gymnastics start.

As a west coaster I'll probably start 5:30am Pacific, maybe a little earlier to watch a little bit of fencing.

8 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Assuming you are in Toronto :p 5am makes the most sense, both swimming and gymnastics start.

As a west coaster I'll probably start 5:30am Pacific, maybe a little earlier to watch a little bit of fencing.

I probably will sleep minimally 

19 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Or 3 am for badminton haha