website statistics

AIN athletes qualification for Paris 2024 Olympic Games and reallocation of quotas [post#1 updated 15.07] Road to Paris 2024

Posted (edited)

AINERP update: judokas, ru wrestlers (except Mamedov) declined, Vesnina (tennis), Romasenko (canoe) invited and accepted

Edited by Anatolii

So we have 32 AINs, 16 russian and 16 belorussian.

I think these are last reallocation not already written in the first table:

Shooting APM -> Yusuf Dikeç :TUR 

Tennis Men's single -> Taro Daniel :JPN 

Tennis Women's single -> Anna Karolína Schmiedlová :SVK 

Tennis Women's single -> Camila Osorio :COL 

You can confirm these reallocation for judo?

Women's -48 kg -> Tamar Malca :ISR 

Men's -81 kg -> Achraf Moutti :MAR 

Men's -90 kg -> Eduard Trippel :GER 

Last question:

In taekwondo Georgi Gurtsiev (Men's -58 kg) was invited and accepted: in the final entries we have also Lev Korneev :SRB and so there are 18 athletes. I think that his quota was reallocated to :SRB and after reallocation :AIN was invited. But now serbian quota is not a reallocation of :AIN ...

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Surlympics said:

Do you think Russia will compete in the end with these 17 or so athletes . Or do you think they will all end up boycotting? Or will the ioc ban them because of the children hospital bombing 

It was an interesting statement from Alina Kabayeva - she insisted that the decisions on participation must be finalized not by athletes but by russian  (sport) governing bodies.

And the lastest situation with the wrestler who accepted invitation despite of the will of the national federation is not finished. Mamiashvilli is going to contact him and I suppose he will make some pressure to revert decision.

So right now there are 16 belorussian and 16 russian AINs. I do not think the IOC has enough courage, will and justice to ban them all for the strike on hospital.

But russians still may decide not to go to the Games (Somov is the exemtion), in my oppinion. All the invitations are not final. And any violation will have consequnces for the athletes. So if we find some more proofs on these violation (for Korovashkov, Bladtseva, for example) they will be revoked. This may cause reaction from russians including not showing in Paris.

3 hours ago, Robertino said:

So we have 32 AINs, 16 russian and 16 belorussian.

I think these are last reallocation not already written in the first table:

Shooting APM -> Yusuf Dikeç :TUR 

Tennis Men's single -> Taro Daniel :JPN 

Tennis Women's single -> Anna Karolína Schmiedlová :SVK 

Tennis Women's single -> Camila Osorio :COL 

You can confirm these reallocation for judo?

Women's -48 kg -> Tamar Malca :ISR 

Men's -81 kg -> Achraf Moutti :MAR 

Men's -90 kg -> Eduard Trippel :GER 

Last question:

In taekwondo Georgi Gurtsiev (Men's -58 kg) was invited and accepted: in the final entries we have also Lev Korneev :SRB and so there are 18 athletes. I think that his quota was reallocated to :SRB and after reallocation :AIN was invited. But now serbian quota is not a reallocation of :AIN ...

Thanks.

Thank you. Superb summary. I will try to finalize the table today. I could not figure out tennis reallocations.

It looks like judo -48 kg has to be different.

Looks like Canoe and Taekwondo federations did mistakes during reallocations and thus had to issue additional quotas. I will have more info on this from colleague.

2 hours ago, avlar said:

Thank you. Superb summary. I will try to finalize the table today. I could not figure out tennis reallocations.

It looks like judo -48 kg has to be different.

Looks like Canoe and Taekwondo federations did mistakes during reallocations and thus had to issue additional quotas. I will have more info on this from colleague.

Thank you!

That's the reason why I didn't understand Romasenko's :AIN quota in canoe sprint. They reallocated quota in W C1 200 when Belarus accepted quota in W C2 500, but after, with only one belarussian elegible they gave quota in C1 200 also to Belarus.

For reallocation in tennis I assumed that without quota declined by 1 male russian and 2 female belorussians Daniel, Schmiedlova and Osorio wouldn't have been qualified.

In shooting, with quota exchange of Australia, Dikec is the only shooter not already qualified in the entry list, so I assumed that he got a reallocation via ranking.

Thank you for reply in judo's reallocations. I didn't find the final entry list, so I don't know who gets quota in W -48 kg.

Thanks a lot for your work in these days!

16 minutes ago, Robertino said:

Thank you!

That's the reason why I didn't understand Romasenko's :AIN quota in canoe sprint. They reallocated quota in W C1 200 when Belarus accepted quota in W C2 500, but after, with only one belarussian elegible they gave quota in C1 200 also to Belarus.

For reallocation in tennis I assumed that without quota declined by 1 male russian and 2 female belorussians Daniel, Schmiedlova and Osorio wouldn't have been qualified.

In shooting, with quota exchange of Australia, Dikec is the only shooter not already qualified in the entry list, so I assumed that he got a reallocation via ranking.

Thank you for reply in judo's reallocations. I didn't find the final entry list, so I don't know who gets quota in W -48 kg.

Thanks a lot for your work in these days!

According to my information ICF violated the rules of reallocation in canoe and the IOC corrected them.

7 hours ago, avlar said:

It was an interesting statement from Alina Kabayeva - she insisted that the decisions on participation must be finalized not by athletes but by russian  (sport) governing bodies.

And the lastest situation with the wrestler who accepted invitation despite of the will of the national federation is not finished. Mamiashvilli is going to contact him and I suppose he will make some pressure to revert decision.

So right now there are 16 belorussian and 16 russian AINs. I do not think the IOC has enough courage, will and justice to ban them all for the strike on hospital.

But russians still may decide not to go to the Games (Somov is the exemtion), in my oppinion. All the invitations are not final. And any violation will have consequnces for the athletes. So if we find some more proofs on these violation (for Korovashkov, Bladtseva, for example) they will be revoked. This may cause reaction from russians including not showing in Paris.

Is there proof on bladtsceva for supporting the war ?