website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

It was bad the day before too. 

I believe that there are fights, there are clear winners and that is beyond doubt, but in the more even fights the judges simply decide. And if you don't have a challenge, they can do whatever they want. In a close fight, they can give someone 2 yellow cards and this actually distorts it, because the person punished is under pressure and has to attack. Yesterday Bellandi or today Tavano could have won with different refereeing.

4 hours ago, copravolley said:

For me, however, it was a disappointment, because 3 fights for bronze and 0 medals. Refereeing is incomprehensible to me today, just like yesterday. They give yellow cards to our players and then they have to chase and take risks. Today, out of nothing, wazari for Korea. Is there any challenge here? If there is no challenge, the referee can do anything: give strange yellow cards to the fight, give a DSQ for who knows what.

there's a 2-man jury that looks at the match while it's happening...if a ref does something wrong, they can overturn his decision

but it rerely happens, normally they don't like to embarass their collegues (like the VAR officials in football) :dunno:

yeah, Today the decisive scores against Tavano and Pirelli were both absolutely out of the rules, but I've seen a lot worse than that...

sometimes you just have to live/survive in a hostile environment

not all refs and video-judges are at the same level...

and some of them are always biased against some Countries (at the moment, the worse that can happen to the Italians is having :GEO Nutsubidze or :ROU Babiuc as refs...luckily it looks that we don't have to cope with that infamous Mongolian lady anymore -I'm just forgetting her name right now- she was really an enemy of the Italian people beyond any reason)...that's the only thing that should be checked by IJF asap :facepalm:

On 5/23/2024 at 7:17 AM, Noorderling29 said:

Smart. She did not mention that in the interview I read.

You should not count her out; she’s not a clear medal favorite, but if she has her day and with  a little bit of luck with the draw and how the tournament develops, she could go far. 

in the early part of her career she really was a whirlwind, ending fights within seconds. But somehow she never managed to win a big medal. 

It certainly paid off, with Polling winning twice, including the decider, against us. Just saw an interview, where she said that when the draw made clear these two teams would meet, she had a premonition that she would have to fight twice. 

Posted (edited)

for Bronze: :GEO vs :KOR and :ITA vs :UZB 

for Gold: guess who? :p but it's :JPN vs :FRA of course! :facepalm:

p.s. someone one day would explain me what's the logic behind the Italian officials' decisions in Today's competition? :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Edited by phelps

Posted (edited)

In a newspaper interview Polling mentioned how unorganized the Italian Federation is. For instance, it was not long before the Worlds, but she had no information about the travel arrangements.

She’s suffering from ADHD, so needs certainty and structure. But strangely enough the total lack of structure works for her. I assume because if you expect nothing, you can never be disappointed. 

Edited by Noorderling29

1 hour ago, Noorderling29 said:

In a newspaper interview Polling mentioned how unorganized the Italian Federation is. For instance, it was not long before the Worlds, but she had no information about the travel arrangements.

She’s suffering from ADHD, so needs certainty and structure. But strangely enough the total lack of structure works for her. I assume because if you expect nothing, you can never be disappointed. 

Can you send a link to this interview? I thought the Italian judo federation was working well, as the results show. I don't think it's possible in 2024 with a total amateur regularly win 3-4 medals at the last few World Championships.