website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

You are right. He was only choice. 

I wonder what will be done in this situation. 

Iran is next in line to get the quota as the next best ranked athlete at 2023 Worlds. but I think it's too late . the wrestling competition starts in few hours. 

and beside that we don't have a 57kg wrestler ready to jump on the mat right now. they are mostly 3-4 kg heavier in their normal life. still it would be nice to have a full team. it's kind of obsession :d

but I assume they will leave it to 15 wrestlers.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Iran is next in line to get the quota as the next best ranked athlete at 2023 Worlds. but I think it's too late . the wrestling competition starts in few hours. 

and beside that we don't have a 57kg wrestler ready to jump on the mat right now. they are mostly 3-4 kg heavier in their normal life. still it would be nice to have a full team. it's kind of obsession :d

but I assume they will leave it to 15 wrestlers.

If its theoretically possible, it would be fair to invite Iran. Next best on the list is obvious choice. 

Taking the weight down is another issue but Iranian guys already coped with that, i am sure. 

16 is a nice number ;)

Time to start wrestling :d 

In this sport you still have a chance for bronze if you lose immediately, as long as whoever you lose against gets to the final, right?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Time to start wrestling :d 

In this sport you still have a chance for bronze if you lose immediately, as long as whoever you lose against gets to the final, right?

Yes.

I hate that we don't have a split screen with the 3 mats simultaneous (i am not gonna use UWW..)

Lopez and the Chilean guy getting along very well in the warmup area it seems :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Federer91 said:

Yes.

I hate that we don't have a split screen with the 3 mats simultaneous (i am not gonna use UWW..)

HBO does have a stream for all of them though, so you can split the screen by using three tabs on computer if you want.